FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
[QUOTE="Robin25689, post: 557213, member: 26013]DFD so that means that you are going to do EMD?

Yeah, but the next 3 academies are all EMD[/QUOTE]

Isn't the one in Feb 50/50 ? I heard in past academies they decided by the last 5 of your social

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Thanks. WHEN you get the call, what date are you picking? She said its better to pick the 12th because it goes from EMT academy to EMD school to working. With the 24th its EMD school then EMT academy later.

Either the 12th, like you said or February

Robin25689

Forum Probie
After talking with Peggy Quinn, EMD doesn't sound bad at all. Especially if your goals involve promoting to fire.

My list number was above 100 on list 3024.

I did not get numbers on how many would be in each class, but it is possible the first two classes of strictly EMD will be small classes.

What did she have to say about EMD? Im stuck in the middle between emt-EMD. So anything you know would help me out.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
So I just called dcas, and it says I'm " not outstanding "

What is it for you guys ?

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
So I just called dcas, and it says I'm " not outstanding "

What is it for you guys ?

I called yesterday and it said not outstanding not sure what it was before they called me.

And bill will yeah she talked about it. She didn't say much other than it will be in 2017. Which for me outs me over the age cutoff :(

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I called yesterday and it said not outstanding not sure what it was before they called me.

And bill will yeah she talked about it. She didn't say much other than it will be in 2017. Which for me outs me over the age cutoff :(

Did you take the open competitive last given? You can be 28 the day you take the test, and you can even be 30 when they call you, as long as you are under the cutoff age when you file for the test

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Did you take the open competitive last given? You can be 28 the day you take the test, and you can even be 30 when they call you, as long as you are under the cutoff age when you file for the test

I did not take the test :(

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
DFD it could still be earlier... How sure was she? The filing period could be well before the promo exam.

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone that got the call today, did you ask the pay and shift hours? Totally too excited to ask

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Anyone that got the call today, did you ask the pay and shift hours? Totally too excited to ask

I'm sure all that will be talked about in the academy.
I'm sure the investigators don't know

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
How awesome is it to get a call right before new years? Haha

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I'm still in disbelief that it happened! Haha. Hope you get called and pick jan 12 so I know at least a couple of people!

Hell yeah, my friend woke me up telling me he got a call, I was like no way haha, I can't wait to get mind, any day now

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Promos are given before the open competitive

IFR

Forum Crew Member
As far as the promo goes, I would be really suprised if it wasn't offered before 2017. The current list will expire in June of 2017. From what I have heard, they try to always maintain a list they can draw from. I would expect the NOE and filling period in 2016 at the latest. Also, there has been rumors from multiple different sources indicating they could offer another promotional in 2015. This is all speculation and time will tell, don't get down yet though. There are two years, a lot can happen in two years.

I took the class on the 26th. I am coming from out of state, and the 12th was just wasn't realistic for me given the choice.