FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
So I just heard, there will be two classes. One in January and one in February. The one in Jan, will be around 35 people and will be strictly EMD, you can still have OT, unlimited at EMD, capped at two road tours. The one in February will be 120 people and about 80% will be for the road. Plus minus.

From another higher up I heard there will be a Jan class, end of Jan.

Every time Als backs be up or I see a conditions boss I bombard them with questions lmao

Mugs89

Forum Captain
I guess Peggy was right, that would mean the academy after the next two would be April.

A solid 150 between the next two months, I wonder how deep in the list they'll get taking 150 people.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I guess Peggy was right, that would mean the academy after the next two would be April.

A solid 150 between the next two months, I wonder how deep in the list they'll get taking 150 people.

The general rule is, out of 3 people, 1 goes into the academy.

steven9d3

Forum Crew Member
So I just heard, there will be two classes. One in January and one in February. The one in Jan, will be around 35 people and will be strictly EMD, you can still have OT, unlimited at EMD, capped at two road tours. The one in February will be 120 people and about 80% will be for the road. Plus minus.

From another higher up I heard there will be a Jan class, end of Jan.

Every time Als backs be up or I see a conditions boss I bombard them with questions lmao

How accurate is the January all going to emd? I know a handful of people that are off list 3024 and completed the process that won't be thrilled to be sitting at a desk all day.

Just got off the phone with a source and they said "February will be the biggest class ever and will look into January "

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
How accurate is the January all going to emd? I know a handful of people that are off list 3024 and completed the process that won't be thrilled to be sitting at a desk all day.

Just got off the phone with a source and they said "February will be the biggest class ever and will look into January "

What can you do, its the fire dept, if they need dispatchers, they will get them. I heard this from a few people on the road and a conditions boss.

What's your source? Retired captain, current EMT etc etc?

mr6890

Forum Probie
I just got my psych for January 10th and medical for January 15th. My list # was 112X, I also heard there is an academy in Jan, Feb, and March.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Has anyone heard anything if they started calls this week?

It was Christmas and next week is new years. All the staff is on break until after new years

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Also, if I get a phone call for the academy, before I even hang up, I'll post a status here haha

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Haha you bet I'll do the samething! So you don't think we'll hear anything til after the 1st?

My guess is mid January

Emt1273

Forum Probie
List # 10xx finished the medical, psych on the 10th. Just curious why I received 6 copies of my lab results in 6 different envelopes, any ideas?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
List # 10xx finished the medical, psych on the 10th. Just curious why I received 6 copies of my lab results in 6 different envelopes, any ideas?

My guess it's a mistake

Ttperez40

Forum Crew Member
With the large amount of people in the academy do you think we will have space, resources and as much time as past classes??? And I am guessing that with my list number 24x I doubt I'll make the first batch to be called in January...

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
With the large amount of people in the academy do you think we will have space, resources and as much time as past classes??? And I am guessing that with my list number 24x I doubt I'll make the first batch to be called in January...

I'm 25X, I'm sure we will make it. They stopped around 210 I believe. You have to account all the people DQ or who dropped out

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant

In all honesty, I have no idea what's going on. So many people are saying different things on what they heard. No two stories are the same, so only time will tell.

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
I'm 25X, I'm sure we will make it. They stopped around 210 I believe. You have to account all the people DQ or who dropped out

When you call DCAS it says that the last number called was 156. At least that's what I think that number means

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
When you call DCAS it says that the last number called was 156. At least that's what I think that number means

Everyone is saying different versions, who knows, dcas might not be updated that often.

Like others said, we have to wait. We also have to make sure during lunch we have a table specifically for emtlife members

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Everyone is saying different versions, who knows, dcas might not be updated that often.

Like others said, we have to wait. We also have to make sure during lunch we have a table specifically for emtlife members

Hell yeah we do. What time are picking for the academy?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Let's have a vote and see what the majority says

Night class - pro, no traffic to and from the class.
Night classes are usually more relaxed
Con - won't have much life in the day.
Parking at the academy will suck, you have yo wait for the morning class to leave

Day class - pro - all the parking you can dream of
Con - morning rush hour traffic.

I'd rather do night, I'm a night person, my vote is for night