EMT positions in San Diego

Monkey

Forum Lieutenant
cool.. let us know how it goes.

EMTsanders

Forum Crew Member
it went really well! i'm pretty pleased, didnt think i'd be very good during an interview, was pretty nervous. they're interviewing about 8 or so people and have 3 open spots so i've got my fingers crossed :D

know protocols!!!!

kravturtle

Forum Crew Member
So...I was looking at Maxcare. They look like they have part time positions and they're really close to me. Any reasons why I should or shouldn't go for it? I know they're small, but hey, a job's a job! And feel free to PM me if there's some good gossip! :)

PS: Any word from Balboa yet, sanders?

EMTsanders

Forum Crew Member
PS: Any word from Balboa yet, sanders?

not yet, i was supposed to here from them for sure today, they called friday and said sorry that they didnt know yet then said monday. but no cal :sad:

maybe its good? fingers still crossed, will let you know as soooon as i hear from them though!

kravturtle

Forum Crew Member
Anyone have any insight into this company?

I don't know much about them. Sometimes I see them around SD, so I know they're around. Other than that, I have no idea. But Monkey should be able to help. Monkey knows everything about SD's EMS. :)

Monkey

Forum Lieutenant
LOL, nah krav, not everything.

Ameri-care from what I've experienced is a good company. I've known a couple of their EMT's and spent numerous hours talking to one of their supervisors on many occasions.

I believe they're based out of the Escondido area.

Their equipment is always in pretty good shape, the EMT's look sharp, and they are always polite and nice... more than I can say for most companies.

I know they're bigger in the OC and IE than SD. Every experience I've had with them here has been a good one.

Last edited by a moderator:

kravturtle

Forum Crew Member
One thing I can say about Ameri-care is that they hold apps for 45 days. I applied a few months ago, and I think my 45 days ran out last week or so.

LSalander

Forum Crew Member
AmeriCare

Anyone have any insight into this company?

I take a class with one of their EMTs and he has nothing but good things to say about them, at least from an employee's prospective. As an interview-ee I felt really good about them. Sounds like they have a great orientation/training program and were super accommodating about my school schedule.

I do know they just hired a group for orientation beginning Mar 14th, but I put an app in 2 months ago after they had just hired a group, called them back every 2 weeks to check on their hiring status, and they called me for an interview. Guess turn-around is high for all the companies.

I'd go to their offices, wear a suit, prepare to take their test (basic NREMT stuff - told me they only call-back scores of >90%), and submit a resume and cover letter. They commented on mine, said it was really professional, so possibly that was a plus.

EMTsanders

Forum Crew Member
so i know everyone thinks its a joke but what about pineapple express?

I got turned down from balboa =/ said they couldn't hire anymore people but to try again next month cause they hire every month....

kravturtle

Forum Crew Member
I got turned down from balboa =/ said they couldn't hire anymore people but to try again next month cause they hire every month....

:( Oh well. There's always next month! And I guess this gives you another chance to rock the interview!

Monkey

Forum Lieutenant
Have you tried Southbay, ER or Pacific?

I heard recently that Extreme Care is hiring and expanding their operations as well.

kravturtle

Forum Crew Member
Sanders, you tried Southbay, right? I know there have been rumors that ER is rather sketchy, but I'm neither confirming nor denying those rumors. And Pacific seems good, as well. I see them around all the time, so I guess they do well.

As for Xtreme Care, their name seems a little out there. But if they appear to be a good company, it's worth a shot. Although their website isn't really working right now...

sd_ems

Forum Ride Along
MedFleet

So I just saw a posting that this company is looking to hire full and part time, I looked them up and says they have been incorporated since 2009, never seen them here in SD, anyone have any infor on them?

Monkey

Forum Lieutenant
Sanders, you tried Southbay, right? I know there have been rumors that ER is rather sketchy, but I'm neither confirming nor denying those rumors. And Pacific seems good, as well. I see them around all the time, so I guess they do well.

As for Xtreme Care, their name seems a little out there. But if they appear to be a good company, it's worth a shot. Although their website isn't really working right now...

I met their owner and operations manager recently, I liked their attitudes and their outlook. They seem to be very interested in working with their EMT's and helping them to reach their goals. They know that EMT's cycle and move upward and onward and want to be flexible in helping them get to those goals.

I also recenly met the owner of MaxCare. He seemed like good guy that cared about his company and his employee's. He said they're growing at a good pace and all the EMT's I've met that work there seem to be happy.

kravturtle

Forum Crew Member
Good to know. I'm currently battling with the DMV again, but when I get that back in to place again, I'll try them out. They're both so close to me, so it would be awesome if one of them worked out!

EMTsanders

Forum Crew Member
I've applied at all of those and southbay (bayside) was the one to offer "on-call" and I've gotten stuck in on-call before and it was crap. I think my 6 weeks is up at AMR i think im gonna try them again too. ughhhhhh the hardest part of the job is actually getting it =/