EMT-B Students!!!

JPINFV

Gadfly
In that case, it would definately be something worth discussing with your PMD.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Much higher risk of death as an adult.

Not to scare you or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
EMTCop86

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
Passed my final. Got a 94% on it. Now time to study for skills and then the NREMTB!

garett1979

Forum Probie
Almost there

Im two weeks shy of being done with my bls class.I have haad the most awesome instuctor in the world, and have learned every aspect of bls. Although ride time isnot required of bls students i have done so for the past two months, and it will blow your mind how you react in a true emergency situation. My first call was a 9 echo 1. If you have the chance to do ride time as a bls student take it from me DO IT

Second

Forum Lieutenant
Although ride time isnot required of bls students i have done so for the past two months, and it will blow your mind how you react in a true emergency situation. My first call was a 9 echo 1. If you have the chance to do ride time as a bls student take it from me DO IT

the minimal required ride time for EMT-I is like 16 or 21 hours(two or three eight hour shifts). Any ways I added up my time just to see how much I had... over 170 hours of ride time :eek: I near about craped out a brick, but I loved every second of it :)

we graduate it september

OP
OP
EMTCop86

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
Passed skills! Last day of class is on the 15th and then graduation is on the 20th. Not sure when NREMT test will be. We will be going over all that stuff on the last day of class. Wow I can't believe it's over.

aandjmayne

Forum Crew Member
We finish on the 15th as well. Our Final written is on the 14th and practicals on the 15th.. I cant believe it is over either.. it seems like it goes by so fast. Im going to take the next offered registry but dont know when it is yet we're going to register on Friday. Im so excited..

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
Congrats!

Just remember: Airway, airway, airway!

Honestly guys (and gals), if you learn nothing else, remember this!! I just stuck to ABC's on my NREMT and passed with ~72 questions. It's not rocket science, and you will likely learn all you need to on the job.

aandjmayne

Forum Crew Member
thanks... I'll be sure to remember that.... quick question.... anybody here take their basic practical exam recently??? Just curious as to what your medical assessment scenario was.. thanks.. ^_^

be_THE_B

Forum Ride Along
I'm going to be taking my practicals this saturday. =] Finally testing out! Wahoo!

I'll do my best to remember the scenerio i get

OP
OP
EMTCop86

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
thanks... I'll be sure to remember that.... quick question.... anybody here take their basic practical exam recently??? Just curious as to what your medical assessment scenario was.. thanks.. ^_^

Yea I got an overdose/poisoning.

Sieldan

Forum Crew Member
Thirty-three here. Just started class on Monday of this week. Only been to two classes as its a Monday & Wednesday class. But we're there from 8:30 to 3. Haven't done much yet, just admin/paperwork. Looking forward to getting into the deeper stuf.

Well, I guess I am no longer an EMT-B student. :) Ive completed the class, passed the Registry, and received my state License. P-1 starts on May 25th. Now if I can just get a job.

Moriarty

Forum Ride Along
I just got done with my evaluation. We have two classes left. A final review and the final. my medical evaluation was easy. It was difficulty breathing. The patient had no medications and it was just transport O^2 Vital signs recheck interventions and vitals. I got lucky :rolleyes:
Now just the NREMT :ph34r:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I just got done with my evaluation. We have two classes left. A final review and the final. my medical evaluation was easy. It was difficulty breathing. The patient had no medications and it was just transport O^2 Vital signs recheck interventions and vitals. I got lucky :rolleyes:
Now just the NREMT :ph34r:

No albuterol?