Does this mean I passed the practical?

Amycus

Forum Lieutenant
Hi. Some of ya'll might remember me =X I didn't want to bump my old post.

No postcard in the mail yet, but I went to psiexams.com, and registered an account. Went to Register for Activities or what not- chose Government/State Agency, Massachusetts, then Emergency Medical Technician. I typed in my EMT Registration Number- and it suddenly shows I can pay for the exam, sponsored by the Mass Dept. of Public Health, when the candidacy expires, etc.

Does this mean I passed my practical? This might be a stupid question but I'm so freaked out right now- up til today it said "No records found"

MTEMTB

Forum Crew Member
Not my State, but I sure hope so it does sound like it with the change made.:D

After my practicals we just stood outside the building and if they called your name you had to come back and redo them the next day.
Out of my group of 14 we had 3 that had to return. They failed the AED station, forgot to take the back off of the pads to stick to the pt.:lol:

Silver_Lining

Forum Probie
I don't have the slightest clue as to the answer for your question..
BUT! It does sound like great, exciting news!
So, congratz! anyway! :D

I'd call the agency/department it listed & ask them what your next steps will be, since you've gotten that account note. :)

-c-

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Not my State, but I sure hope so it does sound like it with the change made.:D

After my practicals we just stood outside the building and if they called your name you had to come back and redo them the next day.
Out of my group of 14 we had 3 that had to return. They failed the AED station, forgot to take the back off of the pads to stick to the pt.:lol:

And I bet there were no backs on the pads in the station... ?

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
i live in cali so things are different, but i remember that the website wouldnt let me pay for the didactic portion until my instructor had passed my practical portion.

sounds like you did alright!

feldy

Forum Captain
how did you find out what your emt number was without the post card?...how long has it been since you took the practical? It sounds like you passed so congrats!

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
You have discovered the backdoor way into finding out whether you have passed your practical or not. Your EMT number was the "candidate number" you were mailed before your practical, and what you entered on the form at the start of the day at your practical. Your number being entered onto the PSI website usually happens about a week to 10 days before receiving the card in the mail.
At this point, feel free to schedule your written exam.

Congrats.

imurphy

Forum Captain
Yes you passed your practicals. Well done.

For the Written, which I'm sure you';ll have questions about, remember to read the last few chapters of the book. There were 15 questions on ambulance operations on my written.

Good luck

MTEMTB

Forum Crew Member
Exodus what happened is we never took the backs off of the pads in training because they were "exspensive" to replace.
That has changed in training now.^_^

Guardian Angel

Forum Probie
I've just done the same thing....I went to psiexams.com, enter my id # and it shows that I am eligible for the test until 9/10/10. I guess I have passed!!! Woo..Hoo...

OP
OP
A

Amycus

Forum Lieutenant
So I figure I'll throw this in here as a follow up- I got my post card on Tuesday and took my written exam yesterday and passed it. Review definately helps, but I think for a passing score on the exam, it's safe to say you either know the material, or you don't. There's always going to be a few "what the heck?" sort of questions, but the majority should be relatively common sense. ABCs, bleeding control, medical interventions, etc.

Good luck.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
So I figure I'll throw this in here as a follow up- I got my post card on Tuesday and took my written exam yesterday and passed it. Review definately helps, but I think for a passing score on the exam, it's safe to say you either know the material, or you don't. There's always going to be a few "what the heck?" sort of questions, but the majority should be relatively common sense. ABCs, bleeding control, medical interventions, etc.

Good luck.

Did you take it in Massachusetts? Mind if I ask where you took your written? I took mine yesterday as well (I passed too). It would be weird if we took them in the same place o_O

OP
OP
A

Amycus

Forum Lieutenant
Took it in Lawrence at 930 am. If you happened to be there, I was the guy sitting closest the door where we came in (at computer 2)

congrats also on passing!

Guardian Angel

Forum Probie
Congratulations, amycus and medichopeful! I have not scheduled my test date, but, I will soon!! You 'guys' didn't waste any time...lol

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Took it in Lawrence at 930 am. If you happened to be there, I was the guy sitting closest the door where we came in (at computer 2)

Wow small world. I was the one on computer 3 (the really young looking one) :p

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic

Oh and thanks. Congrats to you too!

dmc2007

Forum Captain
I had a similar experience when going through reciprocity. Someone with an out of state cert is entered into the computer in the same way as when someone passes the in state practical. I had to call them for them to give me my number-I don't think actual notification arrived for another week or so.

MA's system is so backward. Six weeks to get the results of an exam that is scored in real time? Give me a break.

feldy

Forum Captain
yeah that wait sucked compared to the fifteen i had to wait in the results room yesterday at my reciprocity to nremtb practicals. at least i waited for good news (i passed)