Does this mean I passed the practical?

ajax

Forum Crew Member
Augh! I can't decide if i'm glad or mad that i found this thread - now i'm going to be checking PSIexams daily to see if they've gotten my record. Took the test on the 6th, so it's been two weeks now.

ajax

Forum Crew Member
I passed! Now the written, then the job apps...

ajax

Forum Crew Member
In western Mass. Hoping to be in Boston this summer, though.

Question about the MA written: Do you pass at 70%? Is the test adaptive like the NREMT test? I can't find any info about it online.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
In western Mass. Hoping to be in Boston this summer, though.

Question about the MA written: Do you pass at 70%? Is the test adaptive like the NREMT test? I can't find any info about it online.

Where is Western MA did you take it? (If you don't mind me asking :wacko:)

Yes, you do pass at 70%. And no, I do not believe it is adaptive. Hope that helps!

feldy

Forum Captain
you pass with a 70% or better. It is not adaptive. The break down is as follows or at least this is what i had. It is 100 questions and you can check this on the PSI website under the EMT manual: Airway/breathing-18 questions, Medical emergencies-17, Patient Assessment-18, Preparation-15, Operations/spec. conditions-16, and Trauma-16.

most people dont study the operations part nearly as much. i would study that which includes OB, environmental, HAZMAT (if any) just b/c you go over it quickly in class.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...k9psIG&sig=AHIEtbSDRlx2emdlesR_ywuat6QVHGTzLw

this is the link to the PSI Testing manual for the MA EMT at all levels

Last edited by a moderator:

ajax

Forum Crew Member
Thank you! When PSI says their website does not support firefox, safari, or chrome, it does not lie. I can't do anything on my mac other than see the buttons that say "pay for a test". I guess i'll find a PC tomorrow to schedule it.

Thanks for the link!

feldy

Forum Captain
yeah i had the same problem...my roommate has a pc so i just used his to register at the time. you can also call in...but it is easier to register online.