Any San Diego IFT / BLS companies hiring?

Wiggle

Forum Crew Member
If you guys are aware of any companies that are hiring - please give me a heads up.

I've applied for:
Balboa, Pacific, AMR, Express and Care

I'm looking for a part-time position. I've gotten 2 interviews so far and did very well, but no offers.

I would appreciate any suggestion of where to apply - Thanks

Wiggle

OP
OP
W

Wiggle

Forum Crew Member
I know ER is hiring....and they tend to do part time hiring. And MaxCare might be.

With all due respect, I'm trying to stay away from ER Ambulance... Thanks for the tip about MaxCare - I'll work on that application.

Last edited by a moderator:

kravturtle

Forum Crew Member
I'm looking as well, but I do volunteer in Alvarado's ER. I don't really get to do anything, but it keeps me in the game.

kravturtle

Forum Crew Member
Care is hiring full-time if that's something you'd be able to do...

Yeah, I'm thinking about putting an app in. I've heard mixed reviews though. Some say it's horrible, while others say it's fine. But I suppose all places are like that though. :)

I've got an app in with Pacific and Balboa at the moment. Fingers crossed. And good luck to you as well!

JPINFV

Gadfly
I know ER is hiring....and they tend to do part time hiring. And MaxCare might be.

MaxCare, we'll give you maximum care, even if you have a right bundle branch block!

header.jpg

JPINFV

Gadfly
Well I'm glad they don't discriminate! :rolleyes:
:unsure::rolleyes:

Notice anything similar in V1 as to MaxCare's logo?

Right_bundle_branch_block_ECG_characteristics.png

...this is also why EKG tracings shouldn't be used in ambulance company logos.

RESQGUY

Forum Crew Member
With all due respect, I'm trying to stay away from ER Ambulance... Thanks for the tip about MaxCare - I'll work on that application.

Well ,as you will find out. EMS is full of gossip. Make your own judgements about where you work or want to work. BLS is ....BLS, that being said, Don't hold out on certain companies. Just get out there and get your hands dirty. I work for the big company here in the city and have noticed more prior ER guys around here, and IMO better trained then most of the other EMTs.

Either way, GOOD LUCK !! See you out there!!:rolleyes:

OP
OP
W

Wiggle

Forum Crew Member
I realize that sometimes comments that people make about these companies are out of anger and with a lot of bitterness. But, I actually did fill out an application at ER and pursued a position there, but I decided that it was not the right fit for me and that I didn't want to have the liability on my shoulders from the (2) 12-hour ride-alongs that you have to complete.

Thanks for the wishes. If anyone else has recommendations, I'd love to hear them!

MaxCare is my next stop for an app, and I hope that Pacific might contact me.

jonathanrs89

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys, I recently applied pretty much at every bls company in sd, I went to xtreme care, and their office was literally an apt, any comments on this company. And also I have heard that ER care requires you to do 2 ride alongs, 12 hr shifts is this true?

Rolo47

Forum Probie
I know pacific is hiring, i recently got hired with bowers ambulance and in the room where they held the applicants before the interview, they said they were hiring. Good luck though!!

SD EMT OPS

Forum Probie
CARE SD Hiring

CARE Ambulance San Diego is Hiring Full Time EMT's.. Looking to Start an orientation 3/19 come fill out an application ASAP.