Ambulnz Health, LLC (Los Angeles County)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
toyskater86

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
its ok, just how some of these ambulance company owners think they know it all and can blind us with their smoke and mirrors.....we can use the information that governs them to our advantage. knowledge is power at any level.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Listen, I know all of you are used to the bosses always trying to run you like crazy while making you feel small, so when someone offers an alternative, it's much easier to criticize it. I get it. I highly recommend giving these people a listen. They have some real serious experience behind them, and what they are doing, if it succeeds, will change the industry, at least here in LA.

I own my own ambulance company and plain and simple what you are saying it do not make any sense. There is no way you can be paying each emt up to 72k a year and still be making profit. It just don't make any sense, plus why in the world would any company pay such amount to simple emt(there are no shortage of emt's). What are they going to pay medic? Over 100k? Not sure what experience they got behind them, but the only thing i see them doing if they really going to pay 72k a year to emt is go out of business pretty quickly.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Well it all doesn't make sense with medi/medi billing. You have to factor in rejected calls and low end pay from the billing end.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Medicaid don't pay jack for ambulance, often times they downgrade to wheelchair call. Plus there is not much straight medi anyway as it's now all hmo. Medicare been doing lots of denial, especially for dialysis. Most companies are now doing either through broker and/or through hospital, snf etc contracts. However 72k a year to emt just do not make any sense when you look at all other cost that is associated with running ambulance.

Gavin Burnett

Forum Probie
I own my own ambulance company and plain and simple what you are saying it do not make any sense. There is no way you can be paying each emt up to 72k a year and still be making profit. It just don't make any sense, plus why in the world would any company pay such amount to simple emt(there are no shortage of emt's). What are they going to pay medic? Over 100k? Not sure what experience they got behind them, but the only thing i see them doing if they really going to pay 72k a year to emt is go out of business pretty quickly.

We don't see any EMTs as "simple" as you say above. They are the critical backbone of our model and are paid accordingly for hard honest work. We listen to all feedback and constantly improve were needed, definitely there's always room for improvement. Unlike your business model though, ours is based off shared profits and efficiency. As we perform, everyone gets well paid and it's working already with the compensation numbers we quote. Paychecks to prove it. You guys have every right to sit around on here and be pessimistic, meanwhile we're heads down and keep building.

Gavin
Ambulnz

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
This is the equivalent of a new fast food restaurant claiming to pay their burger flippers $30/hour. LAFD starting salary is "only" 60K/year. You are talking about paying EMTs the same as RNs, so in a business where everyone is saying compensation for the services rendered is less and less, how exactly are you proposing to literally double an EMT's salary without burning through cash reserves and going out of business?

Ambuwatcher

Forum Crew Member
We don't see any EMTs as "simple" as you say above. They are the critical backbone of our model and are paid accordingly for hard honest work. We listen to all feedback and constantly improve were needed, definitely there's always room for improvement. Unlike your business model though, ours is based off shared profits and efficiency. As we perform, everyone gets well paid and it's working already with the compensation numbers we quote. Paychecks to prove it. You guys have every right to sit around on here and be pessimistic, meanwhile we're heads down and keep building.

Gavin
Ambulnz
How are your Worker's Comp rates calculated with your unique pay scale?

Payroll taxes??? How in the world do you calculate them?

Just a couple of questions, of many.

OP
OP
toyskater86

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
So pretty much we should go work at impulse, aegis, and ameripride because we would make more than our local fire departments and have less risk of dying.... Lol... And all simple IFT work.

fatkid

New, but gettin the hang of EMS
This may be an elaborate scheme to temporarily drive up wages of EMT's to push some of the smaller companies off the edge of the cliff, thus eliminating competition. What ever it is, I think these folks are here to stay. In my short time on this forum, I have not seen a company defend themselves and advocate for their business like Ambulanz. Very unique.

hosejockey

Forum Probie
I literally made an account because of this thread.

I don't see how an emt working their very first job in ift gets $72k while there's emts on the 911 side actually running calls getting paid min. wage. Considering how much budget balancing goes into an ambulance company how do you pull 72k in a year when things like vehicle maintenance and equipment, fuel, etc. are factored in? Granted BLS ambulances are much cheaper to operate than ALS rigs (no cost for monitors, medication expiration, intubation equipment, etc.) where does that income factor from? I know ifts are cut throat...

looker

Forum Asst. Chief

I don't see how an emt working their very first job in ift gets $72k while there's emts on the 911 side actually running calls getting paid min. wage. Considering how much budget balancing goes into an ambulance company how do you pull 72k in a year when things like vehicle maintenance and equipment, fuel, etc. are factored in? Granted BLS ambulances are much cheaper to operate than ALS rigs (no cost for monitors, medication expiration, intubation equipment, etc.) where does that income factor from? I know ifts are cut throat...
Simple put i don't see them paying emt's 72k despite what they claim. It's not adding up. All of the expense that you listed are going up, there is not enough income to be paying emt's 72k. If emt's making 72k, what do you pay FTO? How about manager, medical director etc. Basically this is nothing but bs.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief

You do have some IFT companies paying minimum wage. It's a dog eat dog world and like what Looker said the cost are driving up. If you do alot of medi-Cal and Medicare patients your not going to see much if anything. They will probably contract with Logisticare and take everything thrown at them.

hosejockey

Forum Probie
Simple put i don't see them paying emt's 72k despite what they claim. It's not adding up. All of the expense that you listed are going up, there is not enough income to be paying emt's 72k. If emt's making 72k, what do you pay FTO? How about manager, medical director etc. Basically this is nothing but bs.
It's not feasible in the slightest.

Oh well. Just waiting for the strange craigslist adds to start appearing.

Hey mann. 100% no scam at all.

hosejockey

Forum Probie
The Craigslist ads already exist.

Ah, that's always the sign of a 100% thriving business. When it goes to craigslist, it's not a scam at all, ever.

"Make up to 72k, just sign this contract here saying we have your soul for the rest of eternity, 24/7, 365."

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Ah, that's always the sign of a 100% thriving business. When it goes to craigslist, it's not a scam at all, ever.

"Make up to 72k, just sign this contract here saying we have your soul for the rest of eternity, 24/7, 365."
Well doing some odd ball math to make 72k it would have to be atleast $15 an hour at 4 24s a week with a 12. It is possible but how long until your brain turns into mush? How long until you get fed up being there every other day? LOL

hosejockey

Forum Probie
Well doing some odd ball math to make 72k it would have to be atleast $15 an hour at 4 24s a week with a 12. It is possible but how long until your brain turns into mush? How long until you get fed up being there every other day? LOL

Out of that 72k maybe they'd be lucky enough to see 55k because of California's wonderful state tax system.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Out of that 72k maybe they'd be lucky enough to see 55k because of California's wonderful state tax system.
Exactly! Even if they are filing a 1099 the company gets out of alot of requirements BUT the employee ends up taking it up the rear.

Gavin Burnett

Forum Probie
9-10 calls a shift @$30per call, regular 5 days on a week puts our EMTs over 72k+. We're currently running those numbers FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hosejockey

Forum Probie
9-10 calls a shift @$30per call, regular 5 days on a week puts our EMTs over 72k+. We're currently running those numbers FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It doesn't seem sustainable. This may be working for a few test crews, but in full swing, when costs start to come through, there is foreseeable issues, whether it be now or a year from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.