Your 4th

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
So just wondering how every ones 4th was....did anyone do anything cool.....no blow up hopefully right? Does your state allow fireworks or do you just have to watch the sky?
Here in Oregon we get to buy our own fireworks (and if you drive about an hour you can go to Washington and buy better fireworks....of course there illegal here.) The ones we can buy are only ones that don't shoot into the air...My town was FULL of the illegal ones...I mean you look into the sky and you see them shooting in the air all over. Me and a friend (well her) spent $130 on fireworks (all legal.) And we went out to a friends house kinda in the country overlooking the town and sent off about half saving the rest for later this week. It was cool because she had a scanner and we listened to everything that was going on knowing it could get amusing....it was amusing...felt bad for the Fire Dept. though...they had a lot of calls including a "non-medical, needs help getting into bed" at like midnight, it was from one of our many care homes...but ya we had loads of fun...only one accident nobody hurt everyone ran for cover though...lol...no fires on our end...can't say the same for the rest of my town....

So how was yours?

Last edited by a moderator:

klogerg

Forum Probie
i worked all day, no interesting calls, went home went to bed. lol, sorry, not nearly as exciting a story as yours.

OP
OP
babygirl2882

babygirl2882

Forum Captain

HorseHauler

Forum Lieutenant
worked at the firehouse all night, slept like a baby.

beckoncall62

Forum Probie
4th Of July In Washington State

So just wondering how every ones 4th was....did anyone do anything cool.....no blow up hopefully right? Does your state allow fireworks or do you just have to watch the sky?
Here in Oregon we get to buy our own fireworks (and if you drive about an hour you can go to Washington and buy better fireworks....of course there illegal here.) The ones we can buy are only ones that don't shoot into the air...My town was FULL of the illegal ones...I mean you look into the sky and you see them shooting in the air all over. Me and a friend (well her) spent $130 on fireworks (all legal.) And we went out to a friends house kinda in the country overlooking the town and sent off about half saving the rest for later this week. It was cool because she had a scanner and we listened to everything that was going on knowing it could get amusing....it was amusing...felt bad for the Fire Dept. though...they had a lot of calls including a "non-medical, needs help getting into bed" at like midnight, it was from one of our many care homes...but ya we had loads of fun...only one accident nobody hurt everyone ran for cover though...lol...no fires on our end...can't say the same for the rest of my town....

So how was yours?

Hello-I had a big 4th celebration at my house-no alcohol allowed-had over 20 people; also celebrated a birthday and had a pretty cool fireworks display after dark. Fireworks are legal here and they sell some pretty good ones. I was at home/on call but we didn't get any tone-outs until the next day so it was all good.

OP
OP
babygirl2882

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
Hello-I had a big 4th celebration at my house-no alcohol allowed-had over 20 people; also celebrated a birthday and had a pretty cool fireworks display after dark. Fireworks are legal here and they sell some pretty good ones. I was at home/on call but we didn't get any tone-outs until the next day so it was all good.

HI! Cool a birthday on the 4th...Ya I'm jelouse..Washington's fireworks are amazing! Thats where are the illegal ones here came from...good that you didn't get any calls.

Emtgirl21

Forum Lieutenant
I worked the 4th. It was BUSY all day about fireworks time it slowed down we grilled and watch the fireworks from the roof of the station....then we got our butts stomped again. Starting with an infant code.

94accord

Forum Crew Member
I had a 24hr shift that day. We sat at the station, washed the ambulance, watched tv, shot a lil pool, watched more tv, went to lunch, watched more tv, went to fireworks in our ambulance, came back to station, went to bed. Not a single call in the whole 24 hour shift.