You think you have some bad nursing homes? I got one to beat you all

Hockey

Quackers
Mice attack nursing home war veteran

A BEDRIDDEN war veteran was found on Anzac Day with bloody ears, hands, face and neck after being "severely chewed" by swarming mice at a southwest Queensland nursing home.

Opposition MP Ray Hopper said Queensland Health had been slow to respond to a mice plague at the Dalby Hospital, which includes a nursing home, leading to the attack on the 89-year-old man.

The man's daughter said staff found her father bleeding from bites to his head, neck, ears and hands on Anzac Day, Mr Hopper said.

"The top of his ears were severely chewed and he had bites to his head and neck,'' Mr Hopper said.

"His hands were covered in blood because he was trying to get the mice off him.

"We are talking about a health facility overrun by vermin. It's atrocious.''

Mr Hopper said the man was so distressed that doctors had put him on morphine to calm him down.

Read more here

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Mouse traps would work great too, if anybody is allergic to cats.
of course it sounds like they would need alot of them. :)

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Well mine runs a close second then. We get paged to a CPR in progress at the nursing home. We fly up there and no one on the staff has a clue what we are there for. So we try to figure out what is going on, and we finally find the guy (who is supposed to be dead) lying on the floor right next to the nurses station! No CPR being done. So I go check the guy out. He has a pulse, he is breathing, he is warm, pink and dry, and he is semi responsive. So as we are loading him up, someone comes up to us and says, sorry I guessit wasn't a CPR.

So my questions are:

Who the h:censored::censored::censored: called in a CPR?
Why did they not re-asses the pt and give dispatch an update?
Why was he still lying on the floor unattened when we showed up?
How could the nurses at the station not know he was there? (They said they didn't know and I think they are right 'cause they looked pretty clueless when we showed up)

:wacko:

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Well mine runs a close second then. We get paged to a CPR in progress at the nursing home. We fly up there and no one on the staff has a clue what we are there for. So we try to figure out what is going on, and we finally find the guy (who is supposed to be dead) lying on the floor right next to the nurses station! No CPR being done. So I go check the guy out. He has a pulse, he is breathing, he is warm, pink and dry, and he is semi responsive. So as we are loading him up, someone comes up to us and says, sorry I guessit wasn't a CPR.

So my questions are:

Who the h:censored::censored::censored: called in a CPR?
Why did they not re-asses the pt and give dispatch an update?
How could the nurses at the station not know he was there? (They said they didn't know and I think they are right 'cause they looked pretty clueless when we showed up)

:wacko:

they probably called it in like that so ya'll would hurry up and get there to take the guy away.

once got a call for "crushing chest pain"(i work for a transfer service not 911) so we get there as quick as we can and the guy just has back pain that is like a 3/10. 12 lead showed nothing. we just figured they called it in as that so we would hurry.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
they probably called it in like that so ya'll would hurry up and get there to take the guy away.

once got a call for "crushing chest pain"(i work for a transfer service not 911) so we get there as quick as we can and the guy just has back pain that is like a 3/10. 12 lead showed nothing. we just figured they called it in as that so we would hurry.

I guess you are right. That is really the only thing I could come up with.

Sasha

Forum Chief

The nurses aren't always the one who calls for 911 or IFT themselves, it could have been miscommunication.

He could by laying there so they could watch him while also attending to all their other patients.

Or they could be horrible, but there's always three sides to a story.

biggie

Forum Ride Along
Nursing home

That is terrible and that just breaks my heart because both of my parents have been in nursing homes and my mom is still there. I've found some good nursing home info on the site nursinghomeboard

Last edited by a moderator: