Wicked

atropine

Forum Captain
Going to go see wicked, has anyone ever seen? Is $125.00 too much per seat

andydrumm05

Forum Probie
Wicked is AWESOME! I saw it a few years ago when it was on tour. And as far as the ticket price, it's really no different if you were to go see it in NYC. But it's a really good show.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I've read the book and saw it on youtube.

Books way better than the play.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I've read the book too. Book is a lot better, but the show itself is an awesome show.

Ehh. I don't know. The whole dumbing down the book into a happy ending and making Galinda more superficial and.. ehh. I don't know. I liked the book and the character depth it added. Also they cut out Fiyero's whole family! And Liir!

JonTullos

Forum Captain
$125/seat?! For that amount I'd better get a damned good dinner with that show. Otherwise, no thank you, I don't care what the show is!

Cory

Forum Captain
Saw it, yes it is very very good. The special effects are phenominal. The singing is very good, and as I saw it with a whole performing arts/theatre tech class, we were all subject to listen to the soundtrack for months afterwards. Really an amazing display of set design!

The book sounds interesting but I have never read it. My teacher gave a lecture on it once though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Whether it's too much really depends on how much you're making, so I have no idea if it's worth it.

I actually hadn't wanted to see the show since I'd hated the book, but I'm glad I went. I try not to think of how much a movie or play follows a book, anyways. I'd rather take each on its own merit.