Why does everyone think becoming an EMT-B is so easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
the steps: ABCDE -> OPQRSTI -> SAMPLE -> focused physical + finish vitals -> interventions/transport.

This is how you pass. Forget street logic, forget what you would really do in real life. Just go down the flow chart.

I left my test thinking I failed... I took mine on Friday, didn't get my results until Monday. I passed but the whole time I was sure I failed.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
This is how you pass. Forget street logic, forget what you would really do in real life. Just go down the flow chart.

I left my test thinking I failed... I took mine on Friday, didn't get my results until Monday. I passed but the whole time I was sure I failed.

Ditto, but my knuckleheaded self did it over a 3-day weekend and had to wait until Tuesday.

BEN52

Forum Crew Member
Not to sound like a jerk but people say it is easy because it is. 9 times out of 10 people struggle because they are not honest with themselves as to how much they truly applied themselves. Study "programs", NREMT "made easy" type books, etc. are not a replacement for reading the material to the point of comprehension, attending class, taking and reviewing lecture notes, and practicing hard skills to mastery. EMT Basic curriculum is easy, elementary level material. Outside of legitimate learning disabilities, If you perform the tasks mentioned above you will pass.

Gastudent

Forum Crew Member
Oh go take a bath, you don't know me or my intelligence level

You really shouldn't get mad at Ben, he was just being honest. EMT-B is by no means difficult. All he was trying to say was if you put in the work in class you can pass the test and that is the truth.

JPINFV

Gadfly
All: This is a thread about the NREMT. Not the NCLEX, PANCE, or COMLEX/USMLE. These tests have no relevance to the EMT-Basic who's concerned about passing the NREMT. If you'd like to discuss these tests, please start a new thread.

Ok, then to answer the OPs question...

"Why does everyone think becoming an EMT-B is so easy?"

Because it is. Because when you compare it to the other professional licensing exams, the NREMT exam is as straight forward and easy of an exam that you can possibly find. I could go into greater depth in explaining why it's pants on head stupid easy compared to other health care professions, but I can't.

...and yea, being adaptive makes it slightly harder, but it's like saying velcro shoes are harder to put on than flip flops. I mean, sure they are harder but in the grand scheme of things... it's still really really simple.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
You asked a question and he gave his honest opinion. He said nothing of your intelligence level.

I have found that when folks say "I'd like to hear your opinion", what they very often really mean is "I'd like to hear you tell me what I want to hear".

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Thanks to the people who have a heart:D

Believe it or not, most people here do. Most of the trouble I've seen is students who are either overthinking the questions or frankly are not as prepared as they think they are, take a good hard look in the mirror.

OP
OP
C

chet

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the tip, I passed my NREMT and am feeling a lot better about it all. I wrote that post after too much stress (in my life and dealing with the NREMT exam) I feel stupid now for ranting and I've apologized to everyone on this site. I've been looking in the mirror.... I LOVE WHAT I SEE!!!!!:p

SANS WRINKLES

Deus Caritas Est

Ace 227

Forum Lieutenant
Maybe I'm the a hole but the test is pretty easy. There isn't a whole lot to being an EMT...

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Maybe I'm the a hole but the test is pretty easy. There isn't a whole lot to being an EMT...

Read the previous posts, guy.

OP
OP
C

chet

Forum Crew Member
Can we drop it now? You are right, I am wrong. You are smart, I am stupid. You are very attractive, I am hideously ugly...:blink:

VirginiaEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Not to sound like a jerk but people say it is easy because it is. 9 times out of 10 people struggle because they are not honest with themselves as to how much they truly applied themselves. Study "programs", NREMT "made easy" type books, etc. are not a replacement for reading the material to the point of comprehension, attending class, taking and reviewing lecture notes, and practicing hard skills to mastery. EMT Basic curriculum is easy, elementary level material. Outside of legitimate learning disabilities, If you perform the tasks mentioned above you will pass.

BULLCRAP!! I have taken the Virginia state EMT-B exam, the NREMT-B exam, the NREMT-I/99 exam, and the NREMT-P exam and passed them all on the first try but the NREMT-B was much more difficult than any of them.....

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
[humblebrag]
I also agree with those saying everyone thinks its easy because it is.

I walked in thinking i was going to crush it, i walked out thinking i crushed it, i crushed it.
[/humblebrag]

But then again, i thought the SATs were pretty easy

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
[humblebrag]
I also agree with those saying everyone thinks its easy because it is.

I walked in thinking i was going to crush it, i walked out thinking i crushed it, i crushed it.
[/humblebrag]

But then again, i thought the SATs were pretty easy

Hahaha...

Ditto. It's not a difficult course or a terribly challenging test, but I'm sort of a big deal, if you know what I mean. :cool:

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Becomig emt is "easy" but it's not what you think it means and i suspect that you misunderstand what your family says when they say it's easy. Generally when we think about how hard something is, we think of how long something takes. For example to get AA it takes minimum 2 years and bs/ba is minimum 4 years. Emt course can take as little as 3 weeks if you going everyday or as long as 1 semester if you taking class at community college.

lisha

Forum Probie
thanks for the tip, i passed my nremt and am feeling a lot better about it all. I wrote that post after too much stress (in my life and dealing with the nremt exam) i feel stupid now for ranting and i've apologized to everyone on this site. I've been looking in the mirror.... I love what i see!!!!!:p

sans wrinkles

deus caritas est

go girl!!!!!!! ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.