What's Your Ringtone?

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Depends who's calling. The default is a theme for an old show on TechTV called The Screen Savers. (Yeah, I'm a geek)

I remember that show! I loved it! (Clearly, I am a geek as well!)

My phone stays on silent just about all the time. When I am at work, it lives in one of my shift pockets-- so is fairly easy to answer.

When I work in Boston, I have dispatch's phone answer with the sound of an AED (LifePak 500)-- from "Do not touch patient, analyzing" to the annoying sound as charging to, "Continue CPR". If its important enough for them to call during work, its patient care related (they dont give us portables), and worth me answering....
When most of my partners from work in boston call its "Sailing up to Boston"-- Dropkick Murphys. One of my old partners gets "Bicycle Race", another gets "I get by with a little help from my friends" --Beatles... another "409" by the Beach Boys.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I've been using THIS as my default ringtone for the past few weeks.

Every time I get a call, I just crack up. :p

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
When most of my partners from work in boston call its "Sailing up to Boston"-- Dropkick Murphys

You mean "Shipping Up to Boston" right? Great song..... :D

Medic744

Forum Captain
For calls its Second Chance by Shinedown except for my man then its Come on Over by Jessica Simpson and text messages is Waking Up in Vegas by Katy Perry. My answer tones (ringback tones) are all George Strait songs, used to be all 80s cheesy songs but it annoyed my dad and on occasion one of my coworkers so I changed it up.

NJN

The Young One
If they're from EMS then its the duty tones.
If they're from school then its Mexican Hat Dance.
If they're family then Shipping up to Boston
Everyone else gets Benny Hill's Theme

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Depends, I have four I use.

The 'everyone' ring is Evolution by Korn. My wife is What's this by flyleaf (Nightmare before christmas cover). My text message is the final fantasy victory music.

And finally dispatch (no matter what company I work for) is Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo by Bloodhound Gang.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
General ring tone is Feel so Numb by Rob Zombie... I like that song for some reason. For texts some beeping thing that came on the phone. And for the special lady Pride and Joy by Stevie Ray Vaughan ^_^ I know, I'm a hopeless romantic.

MrRevesz

Forum Crew Member
For my ring, I use Starlight by Muse, for text I use a default blackberry tone. I use different blackberry tone for all the other crap my phone does, ie: email, blackberry messenger, etc...

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
For general calls, something soothing that came on the phone. For work people, it's a siren. For the other half it's "You shook me all night long" by AC/DC. And for text messages, it's the tone the MDT makes for emergent response (I was bored one night, and recorded and cleaned it up). I want to get the CTU phone ring for the supervisors, that, or I MIGHT steal the idea of Vader's Theme.

But, when I'm at work, it's on vibrate.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
For individual friends, I generally use an AC/DC song that is appropriate for them (Back in Black, Cyberspace, Problem Child, Gone Shooting, etc...) with the exception of Chimpie who gets the NWS weather alert tones. :p

For work, depending upon who is calling me it is either Dirty Deeds by AC/DC or the Entrance of the Gladiators.

For the fire chief, it is a fire engine siren with air horn. For the stations, it is the Station 51 tones

So pretty much, everyone gets their own ring tone.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I have two ring tones.. the general tone is the Triumphal March from Aida, and the other one is for when my husband calls.. it plays Stevie Wonder's "I just called to say I love you"

Yeah.. I know.. sappy.. but what can I say.. almost 30 years together and he still makes my heart flutter.. no.. wait.. maybe that's a valve thing...

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
I used to have "Don't Stop Believing" as my ring tone. For text messages I just had something that came with the phone.

However, I am getting a new phone on Friday. My ring tone is going to be "I'm On a Boat" :pB)

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Chimpie who gets the NWS weather alert tones.

It sounds like there is an inside joke behind this.....care to share?

my heart flutter.. no.. wait.. maybe that's a valve thing...

"Could be love or it could be severe mitral regurg...who knows..." :lol:

Rob123

Forum Crew Member
I am an IT Manager for a midsize company.

If the IT help desk or an end user calls me directly:
24 Ringtone

If another member of my three person Management team calls me:
Ecstasy of Gold from The Good, Bad and Ugly (1965).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdNh9f2Wwm0

If my Senior Vice President calls me
Quote from the Transformers (2007) Movie:
I am Optimus Prime, and I send this message to any surviving Autobots taking refuge among the stars. We are here, we are waiting. I am Optimus Prime.

If my Vollie calls me
Third Watch theme

Everyone Else
Night Rider theme from the 1982 pilot (without the voice over)
Knight of the Pheonix

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
For anyone at the EMS job, it's a electronic siren set to wail

For my FD brothers at the station it's a Federal Q

For my grandaughter's phone (actually, her mother's and stepdad's) Baby Girl by Sugarland

For my son in the Army it's American Soldier by Toby Keith

For my wife it's the theme from True Blood

Everyone else, it's either Ant's Marching by DMB or the opening guitar riff from Swingtown by Steve Miller

However, 99% of the time I keep it set on vibe.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
depends...

I have been known to use some EMS-related tones... "rescue me", "hey mr. ambulance driver", or just a siren.

Family gets their own specific tones: "american woman", "cotton eye joe", "livin' la vida loca" (don;t laugh), "she thinks my tractors sexy", "barbie girl", the theme song to Star Trek, etc...

My goofball deputies for SAR get the themesong to beverly hills cop. some of the mounted memebrs of SAR get "Lone ranger"

The one i really like is the theme to mission impossible... sometimes I'll play that on my phone in WalMart and run a round hiding behind clothing racks and displays, peaking around corners, and dodging carts... :p

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
The one i really like is the theme to mission impossible... sometimes I'll play that on my phone in WalMart and run a round hiding behind clothing racks and displays, peaking around corners, and dodging carts... :p

Mountain, me thinks you've been spending too much time communing with the little furry critters in the woods...

NEMed2

Forum Crew Member
My default is Linkin Park, but 99% of the time my phone is on vibrate. My text alert is some obnoxious generic tone that came with the phone.