Whats wrong with this PT?

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Brown is such an awesome sport about things and graciously permits us to learn at his expense. :)

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Sounds like the patient had a spare two thousand bucks to drop on a jumpsuit (seriously those things aren't cheap) but couldn't afford a top of the range bargin basement approved cherry or fortified wine.

At least I will make a better HEMS Doctor than this guy, I mean bloody hell he's wearing a polo shirt and suit pants!

metrolifeflitedoc.png

Hepinghand

Forum Probie
It seems this could be a pyscheatric emergency.If this is a pyscheatric emergency I would have me and my partner get out and call law enforcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
E

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
It seems this could be a pyscheatric emergency.If this is a pyscheatric emergency I would have me and my partner get out and call law enforcement.

Mr brown doesn't have psychiatric emergency's. He IS a walking psychiatric emergency lol

jroyster06

Forum Crew Member
Im thinking Dstick, LR, thiamine and Narcan possibly. Just as a basis of what i have been given here but im gonna have the dudes with a gun n tazer take care of billy badarsh first

Jay

Forum Lieutenant
Im thinking Dstick, LR, thiamine and Narcan possibly.
Interesting thought however it sounds an awful lot like a protocol that has become quite antiquated in most jurisdictions (at least since the mesozoic era) which was formerly known as "coma of unknown origin." Per that protocol; after starting a line required a combination of D-50, Thiamine and Naloxone to battle the most common causes of acute unresponsiveness. The problem here is that Brown is responsive so using such a heavy hit would be a bit of an overkill. In general, in the field we like to treat the patient and not guess as to why the patient may be presenting as lethargic as a "Mr. Potato Head," namely by asking what specifics does the patient present with and not just what his or her numbers say along with the overall picture. I personaly would gravitate towards ETOH or blood sugar (the smell of ETOH can suggest one or both) but not opiates because the lethargy involved with an opiate overdose would cause more severe respiratory depression and tiredness. Personally, I think Brown is more of a drinker anyhow (though he swears that he has better taste than ripple, after-all as a future HEMS physician we must give him some credit) :p

Just to ensure that I go to bed happy, I will save someone the time and post it for you on the following line...

+1

'Night Folks B)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
E

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
Ok so what I would do with this pt *mr brown* I'd walk up to him all nice and calm like. Ask if I could see the back of his *orange jump suit* and as he turns around I'd clobber him on the head and knock his butt out and then get him in one of those nifty *hug yourself* jackets and then drop him off back at home *the psych ward*. Simple enough call if you ask me

Jay

Forum Lieutenant
Oh, one more post, I couldn't help myself...

Look carefully now, it's like playing Where's Waldo® with MrBrown.

attachment.php

Attachments

• mrbrown.jpg
    mrbrown.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 379

Sasha

Forum Chief
Im thinking Dstick, LR, thiamine and Narcan possibly.

Why? He's alert, oriented and playing airplane. Why the Narcan? If he's on some drugs, let him stay on them, he's awake. If he becomes violent, sedate or restrain him.

Jay

Forum Lieutenant
Sasha,

I like what you are saying but did you read my earlier post on this?