What would you do in my situation as a student and begginer?

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
OP, is English your first language?

Err, nevermind. I just realized that you're doing it on purpose to piss us off.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Just a reminder folks, this individual said she was leaving the forum. There's really no point in continuing to belabor the point regarding the grammatical and spelling errors.

Angel

Paramedic
I imagine it'd help more than just her though.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Enough with the sarcasm. Someone new posted a serious question and is probably looking for serious input.

Yes, direct pressure is first thing to do. While holding direct pressure it does not hurt to elevate the extremity. Of your local protocol allows, you can also use a hemostatic agent (like quick clot) with the direct pressure.

Second thing to do is apply the tourniquet proximal to the injury. Don't forget to note the time of application.

Obviously you should have the patient seated if not semi fowlers on a stretcher at this point.

Apply oxygen, nasal cannula, only if needed (signs of shock, SOB, etc.)

ALS is probably not needed. Assess your patient. Take vitals. Yes, the patient WILL be tachy... Don't get excited. The fast pulse of the patient is most likely due to adrenaline, not the blood loss. (If your new, your own pulse is probably elevated too, so relax) Take a good BP... If this is low, and I mean less than 90-100 systolic, then u need medics due to the patients hemodynamic instability.

If vital signs are not indicating that the pt is unstable, and the bleeding is controlled, then this would be a BLS call. Transport pt to nearest ED, no lights, no siren. You stabilized the injury and there is no longer an emergent situation, therefore no need for EWD's.
If you're applying a tourniquet you should be involving ALS if it's logistically feasible. Your patient is going to be in a very large amount of pain.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Additional posts on topic should be fine, but let's knock it off with the sarcasm and corrections to members who have left the forum.

medicgumby

Forum Ride Along
If you're applying a tourniquet you should be involving ALS if it's logistically feasible. Your patient is going to be in a very large amount of pain.
Case by case, I've had both patients in severe pain with a tourniquet, others that just felt the extremity go numb... Yes, if the patient is in legitimate severe pain, keep the medics coming, assuming they are closer to u than u are to the hospital.