what should i do?

Chiefjameel

Forum Probie
I'm in Georgia where they recognize emt I but I'm planning to move back to my home state of California soon, which doesn't have intermediate. Should I go ahead and take my intermediate (3rd time) or take basic?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Reciprocity? Check with the EMSA of the county your moving too in Cali. If your already certified to a higher level, why limit your options by downgrading your cert? If your certified as an Intermediate I see no reason why the great state of CA wouldn't issue you a Basic card...

Amack

Forum Crew Member
Become a medic!:p

OP
OP
C

Chiefjameel

Forum Probie
Appreciate the advice. I'm going to take the Nremt again later this month for the third time. They changed it around a lil the first time I took it. I'm back to studying my soul off. Lol

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
You do know it's a computer adaptive test, and will change every time you take it, right?

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I was thinking the same thing, especially after reading that he's on his third attempt. To the OP, don't worry about getting your credential reciprocated until you actually have your credential.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I'm in Georgia where they recognize emt I but I'm planning to move back to my home state of California soon, which doesn't have intermediate. Should I go ahead and take my intermediate (3rd time) or take basic?

Some counties recognize the AEMT level.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Go medic, intermediate is rarely used out here. Just causes a weird grey area

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
There just has to be a reasonable limit to "I refuse to give up". Some people just aren't meant to pass credentialing exams.

Sasha

Forum Chief
There just has to be a reasonable limit to "I refuse to give up". Some people just aren't meant to pass credentialing exams.

Exactly!

Parents do their kids a HUGE disservice teaching them they can do anything they set their mind too. It's just not true. Some people are not cut out to be EMS providers.

Medicine isn't your cup of tea, no biggie! There's no shame in that! Find out something that is!

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Exactly!

Parents do their kids a HUGE disservice teaching them they can do anything they set their mind too. It's just not true. Some people are not cut out to be EMS providers.

That's as close to a misanthropic statement as I think you've ever made. LOL