what looks good on a resume?

dannyd

Forum Probie
I am an EMT basic and I have been trying to get an EMT job of any kind over the last year here in Massachusetts with no luck not even a call back. I have no experience and very little connections in this field which isn’t good (My school did nothing to help with job placement). So I’m looking for volunteer work or other lesser certifications that look good on a resume anything to help me stick out and get my feet wet. I’m not ready to get my medic license I want to get some experience first and more importantly money. Any ideas that you might have on volunteer opportunities in south eastern Massachusetts or anything that looks good on a resume would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Highlight customer service experience if you can. Many companies would rather see that then random alphabet soup certs that really dont teach you/do anything (or are useless to a basic). That said taking a medic course would make you more desirable.

OP
OP
D

dannyd

Forum Probie
thanks tim i def have customer service expeirence ill try and bring that out more. its looking like im just going to have to take the medic course i just would have felt better if i could have gotten some experience in the field first.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Paramedic.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Medic.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Tomato sauce stains