What kind of boots do you wear?

weretiger13

Forum Probie
I wear Magnum Stealth II 8" W/ zipper. They are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. I love them. And they've held up amazingly well considering all the abuse I put them through.

Tiffers

Forum Probie
wowsers!

Sounds like you were a very lucky trauma team activation.... It sure seems that the boots are about the only thing we save on anyone that comes in for a TTA anymore...

gcfd_rez31

Forum Probie
it is a good idea to have steel toed boots.

i've also used them as brakes for the cot, i've had my toes run over by the wheels, pulling them down coming out of the ambulance, and kicked things that i know i would have been saying :censored::censored::censored::censored: if i didn't have steel toed boots....

but i think the next pair of boots i am going to get are the 3003 Warrington Pro 8" Station Boot.

i have a retarded pair right now, but one of the emt's i work with have these and i like them.
they do have a square-ish toe so if you like the rounded, dont look into them.

renaissance

Forum Ride Along
I've got 5.11 ATAC boots too and they're super comfy. I can be in them all shift get home and still be comfy in them.

Pittsburgh Proud

Forum Lieutenant
I was once told, two things you never skimp on ..... Your eye's and your feet. Spare no expense for both.

Matterhorn boots with Vibram soles. B)

bassman1490

Forum Crew Member
i use timberland 5 in lace up boots and i love them, ive had no problems. im thinking of getting the magnum 8 in zip ups though cause my tims are brown so it doesnt really match.

NRNCEMT

Forum Crew Member
Thoroughgood 8in size zip composite toe. I'll never buy another pair of these again, their horribly uncomfortable and looks like a frankenstein boot.

I'm looking at a pair of "S.W.A.T" boots from a local EMS dealer. It's said that they feel like a pair of New Balance shoes, so I'm going to try my luck on them.

renaissance

Forum Ride Along
Now there is a question..... How often does everyone polish and water proof there boots?

I try to polish once a week but almost never water proof them. I do when there new but almost never after that. :p

Once I built up a great initial shine my boots hold their shine really well so I only need a real quick re-shine once a week. Only takes 5 or 10 minutes and 1 coat just to get out the every-day scuffs.

EMTDON970

Forum Crew Member
Boots

I have zipper boots and I will never get them again, the damn zippers get stuck.