What do you use for a watch/timepiece while on duty?

vtemt123

Forum Ride Along
Yesterday I was taking a HR and I realized that it would be much easier if I had a watch to time the seconds. There is a clock on the ambulance but I often want to take the HR before getting on the ambulance. What watch do you have/recommend?

I have a nice silver watch, but I would rather not wear it to my duty shift.

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
G-Shock.

Great watches that are designed to take a beating. Reasonably priced and come with lots of different options. Unfortunately (or fortunately) they come with all sorts of timers and stopwatches and all that techno stuff. If all you want is a dumb watch with a seconds hand...can't beat a $15 dollar Wal-Mart watch.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
G-Shock.

Great watches that are designed to take a beating. Reasonably priced and come with lots of different options. Unfortunately (or fortunately) they come with all sorts of timers and stopwatches and all that techno stuff. If all you want is a dumb watch with a seconds hand...can't beat a $15 dollar Wal-Mart watch.

Check out amazon for the g shock too. Some colors can be found a bit cheaper than normal.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
G-Shock.

This.

I used cheap watches for a long time with no issues. I recently started using the G-Shocks with no issues at all either.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I have a gshock and a navy seals watch for work. Invicta for everyday use.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I have a Sunto Core that I wear all the time. Do I need an altimeter at work? No, but it's a good looking watch.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374182690.227479.jpg
Gshock on duty. Fossil usually when off duty. Id love an Oakley watch but even trough USSI they are too expensive

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
The cheap 5 dollar Walmart watches work fine for me.

BayAreaEMT

Forum Probie
I use a G-shock GW6900, it's solar powered, atomic (sets itself to the most accurate time everyday at midnight) and lights up just by tilting your wrist. Most durable watch I've ever had and like $80 on amazon.com

MissK

Forum Crew Member
Baby G.

I normally hate wearing watches, but this one is comfortable and fits my small wrist. It's easy to clean as well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374288611.838329.jpg

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
I use a G-shock GW6900, it's solar powered, atomic (sets itself to the most accurate time everyday at midnight) and lights up just by tilting your wrist. Most durable watch I've ever had and like $80 on amazon.com

I had that watch, but the damn thing kept waking me up in the middle of the night every time I roll over.

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
After my last cheap watch broke, I got busy and didn't buy a replacement. Now I don't really miss it. I use the monitor's clock and event button and the clock in the back of the truck. I'll probably get another work watch eventually but it sure is easier to keep clean without it.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
G-Shock GW7900B-1, aka the G-Rescue. Special features are moon phase and tide height and time. Its also solar powered and atomic so its always right. As i do water rescue, i wanted the moon and tide functions. This is my second one and i was upgrading from a battery powered non-atomic

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief

+1000 on this!

I was indifferent to wearing one until this one; it was bought as a gift and I absolutely love it; only would ever come off in the shower, well, most of the time. Love it :)

clare1.jpg

clare2.jpg

dmc2007

Forum Captain
$10 Armitron from Target. I'm on my third (due to losing them-they are pretty rock solid).

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
A Highgear Axio that I found on steep and cheap for a ridiculously low price. I've had it for 5 or 6 years.