Community Leader

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Hey, you gotta do something in between calls. Why not make a movie? LOL

Looks like they had fun making it.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Just happened to see your myspace thingy. I got to see Randy Mantooth last week.. In State College. Had him sign a copy of the pilot episode that I bought on ebay. My father took me, we rolled into the lot in a 68 Cadillac S&S.. People got a real kick out of that... He wanted to get the hood signed, but Randy wouldn't go outside, so he had him sign a huge fiberglass case that holds a resuscitator. The same model that was used in the pilot episode of the Emergency! series. Kind of neat, but Randy didn't seem all that amused.

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Chimpie said:
Hey, you gotta do something in between calls. Why not make a movie? LOL

Looks like they had fun making it.
Thi issue is "Professionalism" From what I understand, this is a group of "Juniors" who decided this would be a funny knock on the "Roll With It" video the PA State DOH came out with.
http://www.rollwithit.com/
http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=1936

So.. this is bad PR, it shows "providers" playing cards ON a patient, the total lack of C-Spine, mocks the "overweight" population, etc...

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
OMG Jon... Did you take a grumpy old man pill by mistake?

I think it's hilarious! And true...

Roll with it didn't show that 4 out of 5 runs are usually BS or nursing home transfers.

Stress kills in this job.. and humor kills stress. It's not a win win situation.

It's not all action packed, and adrenaline filled..

Unless of course you are getting paid $600,000.00 to make it look that way.

If you want to talk unprofessional and lack of proper skills, what is the first thing we are taught in EMS?

Protect ourselves.

In the "Roll With It" film.. They don't wear gloves. :p

It's not bad PR, it's stress relief.

Or maybe you're just mad b/c you didn't think of it first? :p :ph34r: B)

All in good times.

RebelRescue

Forum Probie
Ok.....I been doing this for a good many years,I'm pushing 40 and I'm real anal when it comes to protocol,regs,SOP and all that.............that video was some of the funniest s**t I've ever seen!

Lighten up Francis!

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
The video was removed :sad:

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
TTLWHKR said:
Why was it removed?

Did someone tattle? :glare:
to paraphrase the local "whackerFire" message board - it was put up to share the video with friends, and it got more publicity than they expected... or wanted.