What do you like most and least

Sasha

Forum Chief
I love the challenge my job offers, the educational opprotunities, and the patients.

I dislike doing bariatric calls. I had one recently that took six of us to safely move.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
The thing that attracts me most to EMS is the instantaneous trust that total stranger put in you, letting you in to their most private moments in their house without a second thought about who you are, what you look like, or what you know.

What I hate the most is seeing the worst of human nature.

NorthCoastChick

Forum Probie
Love the variety. Even the "same" chest-pain-type call won't ever be the exact same twice.
I also love my company, my colleagues, my town, and the challenges of EMS in a rural environment.
I'm even nerdy enough to like when people are having a really bad day, because I try to keep in mind that I have the potential to make their day just *that* much better.

I dislike abusers of the system, drivers who fail to yield to code 3 transports on freeways, and not being able to get my coffee in the morning before getting the first call. ;) oh and 5150's (CA code for Pt's a danger to self or others).

Last edited by a moderator:

SEBeast

Forum Crew Member
Day to day

I like that every day for the most part is different. I don't like some of the attitudes I've encountered from members of the ems community.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
love the variety of calls.
loved being busy:
love being outdoors, out of office (worked retail for 13 years).
like most of my partners
I worked 911 fire, and private; liked both; I actually like transfers, get some of the scariest stuff that way. if a small hospital doesn't want them, there is usually a good reason

Hate being slow my new job is covering alot of different type of testing on a military base: I have had 28 patients in 15 months (Yes you read that right).

Canoeman

Forum Crew Member
I love the challenge of running a small EMS non-profit.
I love to mature budding EMT's into Paramedichood.
I particularly love seeing the enthusiasm of a crew after an exciting challenging call and critique it wtih them.

I hate to miss special family events because of another persons misfourtune and hate playing a roll in a call when a young persons life is take away from their parents.