West University Place Fire Department

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Just a couple of photos of the crew of West University Place Fire Department Medic 1 doing what they do assisted by some of West University Place Fire Departments FF's. Please excuse the poor quality of the photos as I had to snap them with my cell. For some real photos of Medic 1 follow this link to their web page http://www.westu.org/index.aspx?page=248. This is one of the flashiest rigs in Houston and has all the bells and whistles. It's the kind of truck most of us only dream about getting to play on. Don't get the idea these guys are all flash though. When I was going through my basic training one of the girls in class had an asthma attack and this is the unit that handled the call. Competent, courteous, professional and polished to within an inch of their lives. A big EMTLIFE thank you to the crew of West University Place Fire Department Medic 1 for doing your job and doing it well. On my next day off I'll try and swing by their station and update this with some better photos.

002e5856.jpg

299a667b.jpg

IMG_20120501_194018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Ok, call me crazy, but I SWEAR the sign on that building says "Texas Lice Squad". WTF?

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

Aidey

:blink::blink::blink: That just reaffirms my decision to never step foot in the state of Texas.

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

:blink::blink::blink: That just reaffirms my decision to never step foot in the state of Texas.

As of 2011, West University Place is the 5th wealthiest location in Texas by per capita income. Serious serious old school money. Just goes to show rich folk get lice too apparently :)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Is that a Dodge ambo? Don't see those too often, good lookin' truck.

Aidey

As of 2011, West University Place is the 5th wealthiest location in Texas by per capita income. Serious serious old school money. Just goes to show rich folk get lice too apparently :)

Not because of the lice, but because of the crazy all over that website.

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

It is a sharp looking truck and they keep it gleaming. I'd love to do a ride out with them just to help detail the truck. I'm one of those weirdos that actually like detailing the truck :)

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief

There is a reason you don't see too many.

They are underpowered maintenance hogs! My old FD has one that is an absolute POS. MCHD also purchase quite a few and found out the hard way how much they truly costs. Glad I'm not one of their tax payers!

Oh, wait, I am. ****...............

tssemt2010

Forum Lieutenant
It is a sharp looking truck and they keep it gleaming. I'd love to do a ride out with them just to help detail the truck. I'm one of those weirdos that actually like detailing the truck :)

come ride with me sometime truck doesnt usually get washed on my shift :sad:

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy