Well just took the AEMT...

OKparamurse

Murse 'n medic
The straight 135 question format definitely threw me off. I actually felt pretty confident when I left which almost scares me considering that test is designed to kill confidence. Anybody else feel that way after the test? Hopefully should have my results by this afternoon and I'll give you guys an update.

Porta

Forum Lieutenant
Yes, I'm very interested to hear how you did. I'm nearing the end of my AEMT class and I'm not looking forward to testing.

Avenrii

Forum Probie
Same here! If you have any additional helpful tidbits, or insight on the practical or written, please share!

OP
OP
OKparamurse

OKparamurse

Murse 'n medic
Sorry Im just now getting back to replying to this thread but unfortunately, first time around was no bueno. Passed everything but trauma. Without being too specific, study up on your thoracic trauama's and treatments. Also there was a good deal of pretty in-depth cardiologic questions on it. One mistake I made was also only studying from one source. Definitely pick up a study guide, a different text, or just online info because there were a few questions that weren't even mentioned in my text, Brady's AEMT book. Other than that, I actually felt pretty confident coming out of it until I read my results lol Will be testing again in a week or so and Ill let you guys know how I do. Good luck on your tests as well.

Porta

Forum Lieutenant
Huh....I was under the impression the practical was mostly a review of the Basic exam w the exception of IV, IO, tubes etc....

OP
OP
OKparamurse

OKparamurse

Murse 'n medic
Huh....I was under the impression the practical was mostly a review of the Basic exam w the exception of IV, IO, tubes etc....

It went significantly more in-depth than my basic with anatomy and pathophysiology. Also some various cardiac issues and thoracic trauamas. The medications were pretty easy, airway was pretty straight-forward, and medical is well, medical. If you're a pretty confident student, the only advice I'd give before testing is to brush up on trauma and cardiology.

xrsm002

Forum Captain
Cool I'm taking it tomorrow lol excited however I have also been through Paramedic school but decided to gain some field experience as an AEMT before testing medic.

xrsm002

Forum Captain
Well I just took the AEMT/I-85 exam there seemed to be lots of trauma questions on it like the OP said, however I has several OB/GYN questions very little airway questions, a couple of questions about isotonic vs hypertonic solutions. A few questions about AED and CPR. It stopped at 125 questions

xrsm002

Forum Captain
Passed the I-85/ AEMT written
But unfortanately I waited to long to take the skills I have until dec 31 at midnight to take it no one is offering it before then

Porta

Forum Lieutenant
Passed the I-85/ AEMT written
But unfortanately I waited to long to take the skills I have until dec 31 at midnight to take it no one is offering it before then

Where are you?

xrsm002

Forum Captain
But I just talked to my school and they are going to let me slip in on the day they are testing the medics. I am so excited

Napper820

Forum Probie
I am walking with my AEMT from school on Monday and am now prepping for NR testing. Suggestions? Hard finding reference materials since there are few out there. We used the AAOS/Orange 12th in my class.

EMSforever

Forum Probie
I am walking with my AEMT from school on Monday and am now prepping for NR testing. Suggestions? Hard finding reference materials since there are few out there. We used the AAOS/Orange 12th in my class.

Hey there! Im also in the metro atl area and about to take NR as well for AEMT. Just finished AEMT school last week :D We use the same book as you do and apparently its top of the line. I heard from a guy who passed it before my class went through, and he said he just went through the book again. For my final i just read every chapter again and made notecards for all the things i found i didnt already know. I plan on just studying those and reading up again on some chapters i had difficulty with.

OP
OP
OKparamurse

OKparamurse

Murse 'n medic
Well second time around was the charm. Passed it and my practical in about a 48hr period. Just waiting to get my certs in the mail. Good luck to everyone testing soon!