Vollie agencies

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
What is the main occupation of those ems personnel from vollie services. Are there any LEO's in your service

be I'm a department manager at a department store who responisbilities is security. my service has 5 LEO's 1 community constable and 4 corrections officers.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
What is the main occupation of those ems personnel from vollie services. Are there any LEO's in your service

be I'm a department manager at a department store who responisbilities is security. my service has 5 LEO's 1 community constable and 4 corrections officers.

My vollie EMS unit has quite an assortment. IT professionals, correction workers, a commercial electrician, a couple of stay-at-home moms, clerical workers, a postmaster, bookkeeper, denture maker, building maintenance guy, laborers.

The SAR unit has several EMT-P/FFs, a psychiatrist, a couple of LEOs, correction officers, a few who own their own businesses, juvenile parole officer, civil engineer, scientists, biomedical engineer, chemical engineer (we're big on engineers) teachers(one middle school, one high school, and one middle school BD kids) and a couple of county employees in various positions.

41 Duck

Forum Lieutenant
Occupations of our volunteers:

3 career EMTs
2 LEOs (1 local, 1 federal)
1 RN
1 LPN
1 Phlebotomist
1 lab manager
1 business analyst consultant
1 hairdresser
1 author
1 D.O. student (formerly career EMT)
1 delivery driver

And that's all I can think of...

Later!

--Coop

Oregon

Forum Crew Member
I mainly run with a SAR group, so I'll only mention them.
A pharmacist, A geologist, an architect, several IT folks, a contractor, several forest service/parks service folks, several bookkeepers, a surveyor, a couple retired folks, various managers of various things, a guy who has something to do with the boot/shoe section at REI, lots of school folks, a wildland firefighter, a produce manager guy, me, and a master mechanic. I'm sure there is a whole slew of occupations I'm forgetting, but it's usually late at night and raining when I see them, so we just compare knives and stuff.

PeteBlair

Forum Crew Member
The volunteer BLS service I work for is total volunteer, from top to bottom. Funding comes from community donations. For the most part, volunteers are retired and their prior lives were centered around everthing from housewife, to corporate executive. We have around 380 volunteers in the winter and 270 in the summer. We are divided into eight teams (which means that unless we substitute on other teams, we work one shift every eight days). We run 24 hours a day and our service area has around 25,000 people in approximately 8 square miles. The average age of our volunteers is above 70.
For more on our agency, see our web site./

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTWintz

Forum Lieutenant
On our vollie squad we have a crop ins. adjuster (chief), Paramedic (assist chief), heavy machine operator, housekeeper, 2 that work for ins. companies, one that is a sec. in a trauma hosp, and me (Cert. Medical Assistant/phlebotomist/Mobile Medical Examiner)