Treatment for flail chest

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm hoping they may have just gotten the terms confused. Hopefully if they see it on a call they will realize the correct treatment.

Amelia

You're stuck w/ me now (insert evil laughter here)
OMG I must have been drinking stupid juice last night. Bulky dressings and give them a pillow to hug for stability and for comfort. Sorry guys, after a birthday party in the morning and funeral in the afternoon-my brain was done. I dint know why I was thinking pneumothorax. My fault- probably need to go review chest and abdominal trauma.....

< not the sharpest tool in the shed

Amelia

Joking aside, it is scary to think that there are multiple people, whom i am assuming treat patients on a regular basis, that can't even tell the difference between a flail chest and an open pneumothorax.
1. Seeing it is different from reading it on a message board
2. I have never seen one
3. Way to encourage new EMTs (big thumbs up)

Amelia

And wow... Thanks for dragging me through the mud, guys. Just finding my roots in the industry and get stomped on. One terminology switch up and your drug to the stake. I am going to end it here because what I want to say would upset Chimpy, but thank you for being complete ***holes.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
If that gets you upset, you need thicker skin.

image.jpg

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
And wow... Thanks for dragging me through the mud, guys. Just finding my roots in the industry and get stomped on. One terminology switch up and your drug to the stake. I am going to end it here because what I want to say would upset Chimpy, but thank you for being complete ***holes.
This is hardly getting stomped on. I bet you'll remember the difference going forward.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

You think this is bad just wait until you do that in front of a medic at a ambulance company or fire dept., pretty sure it will be worse...

Amelia

I honestly think you guys think I am more upset than I really am. Unfortunately message boards dont show tone, but yes, I was annoyed, but i really do have a "sheesh" attitude. I made a mistake. I owned my mistake. Case closed. No need for undergarments to get into the mix here. Lets shake hands and move on. Lesson learned!

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
I honestly think you guys think I am more upset than I really am. Unfortunately message boards dont show tone, but yes, I was annoyed, but i really do have a "sheesh" attitude. I made a mistake. I owned my mistake. Case closed. No need for undergarments to get into the mix here. Lets shake hands and move on. Lesson learned!
Don't sweat it. I guess I was being a little too harsh when I was replying to your comments. I had just finished dealing with an employee at work (who is known for not following directions) prior to coming on here and replying to you, so subconsciously I was venting to you. I realize now how minor your mistake was, yet I continued to ream you out, and make myself look like a jackass in the process.

I'm sorry, Amelia.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
..pee on it.

Amelia

Don't sweat it. I guess I was being a little too harsh when I was replying to your comments. I had just finished dealing with an employee at work (who is known for not following directions) prior to coming on here and replying to you, so subconsciously I was venting to you. I realize now how minor your mistake was, yet I continued to ream you out, and make myself look like a jackass in the process.

I'm sorry, Amelia.
No worries. I had a rough day too. I was just a little confised because I have only been an EMT for 6 weeks. I really like everyone here and like being here.

Cheers!