Top 100 places to relocate

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Venice, FL is #6, which is just below Sarasota where I lived before moving out west. I'm sure Jennifer will be telling all of her clients that Naples made the cut. ;)

Top 100 places to relocate

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Cool, I can use this my advertising, thanks!

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
WaHOO!!! Fort Walton Beach, FL is on that list too...

Oh crap...I am trying ty buy a house....guess I better get on it before word gets out and the prices go up even more!!

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
After 9/11; people from Philly, DC, NYC and NJ started to move into the pocono regions here in PA. One thing that sticks in my mind is this unusual shipment that was delivered to a housing development here. "Utah Shelter Systems" delivered this odd piece of... of something. They asked and were granted permission to park it at the forest fire station over night. They said they would give fifty bucks to anyone who could guess what it was. I was a little shocked to hear that it was a pre-fabricated fall out shelter. Even a tornado shelter is a bit out of the ordinary in North Western PA; but a fallout shelter? Why in the hell would they drop a bomb on Potter County? To kill the Deer? Damn those deer, building secret weapons and attaching them to rabbits and skunks! He said if Chicago were bombed, the jet stream would carry fallout over the region.

Like you have got to be kidding me. He moves out of NYC to build a nuclear fallout shelter in the Appalachian Mountains? If he's that worried, why not move to the very western coast of Northern Alaska where you can't possibly be bothered by it?
:huh: :blink:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I've heard of folks moving into renovated Atlas Missle Silos - great bomb shelters ;)

Jon

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
#5 - Bartlesville, OK

Oh Lord!

Before my current job, I worked for Phillips Petroleum (and then ConocoPhillips following the merger), and B'Ville was Phillips' corporate HQ. I visited once, and while it's a nice town, its definitely an "oil town". Since the merger, it was my understanding that the town was definitely slowing down, because most of the corporate types moved to either Houston (the new HQ...Conoco's old one) or nearby Ponca City, where Conoco had a major presence.

The people I worked with in LA always dreaded being told that their job was being moved to B'Ville.

ECC

Forum Captain
Colorado Springs made the cut...only 30 miles south and NOTHING between us.