To post or not

stickclicks

Forum Probie
System Status Management, I have a whole list of chiropractic bills secondary to SSM... Who in their right mind wishes to be posted in a parking lot, or worse on a street corner because some statacian wrote a program which "predicts" where the next calls will be from. With that being said, it always happens that I have to run priority across town to a straggler call

Ditto. I am in IFT most of the time. 12 hour shifts, no station to hang out as our "primary service area" is roughly 80 square miles and we are posted at hospitals based on anticipation of calls. This usually results in us picking up 30-45 minutes away for an immediate call when the SNF doesn't want to call fire. Not too bad, but it would be nice to have a chance to heat up some food at the station. If we do end up making it to post, we usually hang out at a gas station or parking lot near by as the hospitals frown upon us clogging up their parking lots and EMS rooms when we are not actively taking a call. Attempt to sleep, read or watch a movie. It only really bothers me when I have a bad partner as there are no opportunities to really get away from them for a while.

JeffDHMC

Forum Lieutenant
No stations here, just street corners and such. I love it. I've read plenty of good books, made reasonable progress with language acquisition and seen some pretty crazy stuff sitting at intersections. I'd take that over a recliner any day.