Time to Brag - Certifications

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
Wow... Somehow I forgot this site existed!

Ok.. here's mine... nothing too exciting though!

CPR / First Aid:
AHA BLS Instructor (all levels) since 1991
NSC Standard & Pediatric Instructor (CPR/FA)

Missouri EMT-B License (since 1992)
BTLS Instructor
PBTLS Instructor
BTLS Access Instructor
EMS Instructor / Coordinator
EMS Instructor Workshop IT

Champions Course Instructor (Missouri Hospital Association)
HAM Technician Level
CERT Instructor

sarahharter

Forum Crew Member
here's mine

okay i only have a couple
:p
nremt-b
haz mat-first responder
fire fighter I
water rescue
LPN

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
joemt said:
HAM Technician Level

That means that you are really good at handling some Pork Products???

Yeah... I forgot that:

Amateur Radio Operator, (Technician Level)
N3VZG

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
MedicStudentJon said:
That means that you are really good at handling some Pork Products???

Yeah... I forgot that:

Amateur Radio Operator, (Technician Level)
N3VZG

Oink Oink?

I don't get it?

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
PA EMT-B
NREMT-B (lapsed)
Firefighter I
MFRI (MD) Rescue Technician
PA Vehicle Rescue Technician

Degree paramedic student for almost 2yrs before dropping due to personal reasons.. yes it sucks!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
ResTech said:
Degree paramedic student for almost 2yrs before dropping due to personal reasons.. yes it sucks!

Yep.

I'm in the same boat....

I'll be posting something soon...

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
EMS:
EMT-B
AHA BLS instructor
AHA Healthcare provider
PHTLS (BLS level)
Q157- EMS response to MCI
Fire:
FF I/II (and all included necessary certs)
EVOC
Haz-mat FR Awareness and Operations
Fire officer strategy and tactics
Fire Officer I
NIMS/ICS 100, 200, 700
Building construction for the fire service

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
TTLWHKR said:
I still don't get it...
joemt included "HAM Technician Level" in [post=29907]Post #41[/post]. In [post=29993]Post #43[/post], MedicStudentJon apparently did not know what a HAM Technician was, so he replied, "That means that you are really good at handling some Pork Products???" With "HAM" being the linking factor, he added that he is also an ameteur radio (aka HAM radio) operator and included his call sign.

I don't know what a HAM Technicial Level is, either.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
JJR512 said:
joemt included "HAM Technician Level" in [post=29907]Post #41[/post]. In [post=29993]Post #43[/post], MedicStudentJon apparently did not know what a HAM Technician was, so he replied, "That means that you are really good at handling some Pork Products???" With "HAM" being the linking factor, he added that he is also an ameteur radio (aka HAM radio) operator and included his call sign.

Oh, I knew EXACTLY what he was talking about... I was just being an a$$.

No offense, joemt...

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
JJR512 said:

I know what a HAM radio is... I didn't get the pork joke.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
MedicStudentJon said:
Oh, I knew EXACTLY what he was talking about... I was just being an a$$.

No offense, joemt...

Jon

:p :p :p :p :ph34r: :mellow: :beerchug: :lol: :excl:

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
No offense taken..except that I'm Jo EMT..... of the female variety... eh well, my fault for choosing that ID many moons ago.... LOL. Anyway, yeah I figured that you knew what "HAM Technician" was...

HAM Technicians operate amateur radios. My technician certification allows me to operate the radio, but I haven't "tested" out on my Morse Code yet, so I am not allowed to send MC messages... there are other levels of HAM operators out there... I got mine because at one time I was the Emergency Management Coordinator at a rural hospital, and it was a requirement of the job....

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Jo... I did actually assume (or you posted) that you were female... so I guess I blew that one... oops...:blush:

I'm also a no-code Tech. Just FYI - you are allowed to use any mode allowed in your allotted bands (everything above 50mhz). This includes morse code. You just aren't allowed to have access to the "international" bands because of international agreements that have since been changed.

Jon

Raf

Forum Lieutenant
There are three different classes for HAM operation.
In order they are:
Technician, General, and Special Class. (in my opinion technician sounds cooler than general, and the two names should be switched) The only difference between the levels is that each one requires more knowledge of how radios, etc work.

With each class you also gain access to additional frequencies that you are allowed to talk on.

Morse code is no longer required for the Technician class, it is required and tested upon for the General class. I'm working on a General Class license right now :p

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Raf said:
There are three different classes for HAM operation.
In order they are:
Technician, General, and Special Class. (in my opinion technician sounds cooler than general, and the two names should be switched) The only difference between the levels is that each one requires more knowledge of how radios, etc work.

With each class you also gain access to additional frequencies that you are allowed to talk on.

Morse code is no longer required for the Technician class, it is required and tested upon for the General class. I'm working on a General Class license right now :p
Umm... I think it is Tech, General, and EXTRA....

But this is SOOO off topic... ;)

Medic946

Forum Probie
TX EMT-P
NREMT-P
ACLS
BTLS
PEPP
PALS
SWIFT WATER
VERTICAL RESCUE
CONFINED SPACE