"Thinking" about moving to Phoenix Metro

Medic29

Forum Crew Member
I have been contemplating the idea of moving to the Phoenix area. One of the issues that's keeping me from making the move right now is that most of the companies that I know of are owned by Rural Metro. My employment here didn't work out so great with them and I'm afraid that might carry with me to Phoenix.

Because I haven't moved yet, I want to be picky. I want to be part of the 911 system that I am up here. I understand that I'll have to start at the bottom maybe and work my way back up...so I'm ok with that. But what I don't want to be part of is only IFT.

Are the EMS systems not owned by Rural Metro fire based? What are the requirements to become part of a fire based system? Lastly what other private companies are there and who would you recommend as one of them I should apply for?

I have 4 years experience as an EMT with my IV cert and at least 14 years experience of patient contact working in various settings in a hospital and or nursing home. With that experience I am open to taking a job as an ER tech if needed to get my foot in the door.

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
The EMS system not owned or operated by rural metro in the Phoenix area is Phoenix fire, and that's it. Banner hospitals hire techs regularly of you want to go that way.

Amr just started operating in Maricopa county but only has 5 ift rides currently.. They also seem to be taking applications but not hiring.

Best of luck. Pm me if you want some info on R/M.