The View From the Inside

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Ok. As most of you know, PARescueEMT and myself are friends. I just got off the phone with him, and he's feeling real crappy. He is being admitted to a VERY GOOD local hospital's ICU with, as he put it, flu-like symptoms, elevated-temp. dehydration, tachicardia, and this whole vomiting blood thing. (Dark, coffee-ground quality, several times today)

He MIGHT have some sort of upper GI bleed, but it seems to have stopped, and he is shaken up, but seems OK on the phone.

He asked me to tell all of you that he hopes to be out soon, and will have an insiders report on what hospital patients go through.

I will try and post updates as I get them.

Jon

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Awww... give him my best!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I really hope it is nothing serious, and that he's gets well very soon.

Summit

Critical Crazy
Positive vibes his way.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I hope he has a speedy recovery! :)

MassMedic1052

Forum Probie
:p Well as we all know we are our own worst patients....Feel Better My Friend

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
I thank you all for your sentiments. I was grossly dehydrated (5000 cc's before i lost the cotton mouth) but the blood was from "several bleeding ulcers" in my stomach. I am home now, and hope to be back in full swing shortly. I do have the flu too.

Thanks to all.

BTW... I hope none of you have to get an NG tube. After draining 300 cc's of blood from my stomach, they finally pulled that god-awful thing. I am on my way to a full recovery tho.

rescuecpt

Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Jan 5 2005, 02:17 PM
I thank you all for your sentiments. I was grossly dehydrated (5000 cc's before i lost the cotton mouth) but the blood was from "several bleeding ulcers" in my stomach. I am home now, and hope to be back in full swing shortly. I do have the flu too.

Thanks to all.

BTW... I hope none of you have to get an NG tube. After draining 300 cc's of blood from my stomach, they finally pulled that god-awful thing. I am on my way to a full recovery tho.
Yay! Glad you're out! :D

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
While in the ICU, I had the thought more than once "I wish I had a computer to post my events. Everybody would get a kick out of hearing that the ED staff told me to stop kidding around when I got wheeled in on the litter." After they heard the story, is when they went into "oh sh*t" mode. That is a hospital that I went to while I was still an EMT student... 5 years ago. And to this day, they still love me.

rescuecpt

Awww...

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Glad to hear you're out and recovering. Sounds like a scary time. Keep getting better!