The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

FunkyAnesthetic

Forum Ride Along
Intorduction

Hello All,

I'm a 19 year old NREMT-B from So Cal going to undergraduate school in No Cal.

I am looking to expand my knowledge and hopefully avoid making some mistakes by learning from the experience of others.

Cheers,
Cam

E3033377Adam

Forum Ride Along
About me

I am 29 and have tried all sorts of career choices. Mostly I have worked in and managed restaurants. I moved to NC from KS (wow what a difference) to get married and now I work with.. I mean for a corporate retail pharmacy.... omg. retail is like rehell. I took an emt-b class because my cousin who was like a brother to me wanted to but leukeemia got the best of him. That class was the best thing I have ever done! I have no ems personel in any of my family so I am starting the new trend. I am volunteering with a local fire department so I can get some hands on experience and I have an interview with a private ambulance/taxi company this week which will hopefully get me employed with the county EMS. This is all apart of my master plan to get experience and move back to KS so I can be closer to family and brew my own beer with the love and support of allllll my family!:D

Last edited by a moderator:

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant
I am 29 and have tried all sorts of career choices. Mostly I have worked in and managed restaurants. I moved to NC from KS (wow what a difference) to get married and now I work with.. I mean for a corporate retail pharmacy.... omg. retail is like rehell. I took an emt-b class because my cousin who was like a brother to me wanted to but leukeemia got the best of him. That class was the best thing I have ever done! I have no ems personel in any of my family so I am starting the new trend. I am volunteering with a local fire department so I can get some hands on experience and I have an interview with a private ambulance/taxi company this week which will hopefully get me employed with the county EMS. This is all apart of my master plan to get experience and move back to KS so I can be closer to family and brew my own beer with the love and support of allllll my family!:D

Hey, welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have it mostly figured out, but if you need direction, you've definitely come to a great place. Good luck with your journey!

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Hey all, New member

21 years old from Socal. Studying to get my EMT-B right now. only 3 more weeks to go.

Looking to get an EMT position soon, and hopefully get to the main goal of firefighting in the future.

Hello All,

I'm a 19 year old NREMT-B from So Cal going to undergraduate school in No Cal.

I am looking to expand my knowledge and hopefully avoid making some mistakes by learning from the experience of others.

Cheers,
Cam

Welcome to the site all :) We look forward to hearing from you as you progress in your new careers.

Cos

Forum Ride Along
Hello All

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.

My name is Marco. Live in San Diego, CA.

Been lurking for a bit, decided to say hello, join in some discussions, and learn what I can.

I went to school and got my EMT-B back in Dec of 2010. I haven't been working as an EMT...just been doing some volunteer work around here with it. I have finally decided to start a career. I would love to go to medic school. Of course, putting in the box time is that first step which I have decided to go and do.

So now I am at work to recert my EMT-B. Signed up for a refresher, have a few other things to get done then off to apply and get the resume out there!

Thank you all for the informative boards, and again I am looking forward to learning what I can!

Thanks!

bigbaldguy

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.

My name is Marco. Live in San Diego, CA.

Been lurking for a bit, decided to say hello, join in some discussions, and learn what I can.

I went to school and got my EMT-B back in Dec of 2010. I haven't been working as an EMT...just been doing some volunteer work around here with it. I have finally decided to start a career. I would love to go to medic school. Of course, putting in the box time is that first step which I have decided to go and do.

So now I am at work to recert my EMT-B. Signed up for a refresher, have a few other things to get done then off to apply and get the resume out there!

Thank you all for the informative boards, and again I am looking forward to learning what I can!

Thanks!

Welcome to the site Marco :)

MAMed

Forum Probie
Hi all! Just wanted to say hi! I am thinking about becoming an EMT and working in the field to save up some money since I can't afford med school at the moment. 23 year old living in sunny Orange County, CA.

RSKS

Forum Ride Along
Hey!

I'm a 27 year old married mom of 2 boys. My husband is a former fire fighter, EMT-B, EMT-P and he is currently a critical care flight paramedic. I became a NREMT-B in May 2012 and I start my first job as an EMT at a private ambulance company this month. I'm also a nursing student. I love EMS and can't wait to get my feet wet in what I hope to be a long public service career dedicated to helping others. Sounds cheesy, but it's how I feel.

SubiEmt

Forum Crew Member
Hey everyone,

New to the boards. Just passed my national 3 days ago! 21 years young. Attending MT.sac fire. Currently living in Corona CA. Employed with 24 hour fitness chino hills. Looking to test and interview with a few respected company's real soon. Love building and tuning 90-99 DSM eclipses/talons and of course subies (wrx/sti) I look forward to posting more!

-austin

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant
Hi all! Just wanted to say hi! I am thinking about becoming an EMT and working in the field to save up some money since I can't afford med school at the moment. 23 year old living in sunny Orange County, CA.

Hey!

I'm a 27 year old married mom of 2 boys. My husband is a former fire fighter, EMT-B, EMT-P and he is currently a critical care flight paramedic. I became a NREMT-B in May 2012 and I start my first job as an EMT at a private ambulance company this month. I'm also a nursing student. I love EMS and can't wait to get my feet wet in what I hope to be a long public service career dedicated to helping others. Sounds cheesy, but it's how I feel.

Hey everyone,

New to the boards. Just passed my national 3 days ago! 21 years young. Attending MT.sac fire. Currently living in Corona CA. Employed with 24 hour fitness chino hills. Looking to test and interview with a few respected company's real soon. Love building and tuning 90-99 DSM eclipses/talons and of course subies (wrx/sti) I look forward to posting more!

-austin

Hey guys, welcome! We're glad to have you all here.

bigbaldguy

Hey!

Hey everyone,

-austin

Welcome to the forum guys/gals. Happy to have you here.

Gorgeousgeorge

Forum Probie
Hi all

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I am new to boards (as of today), which I found, as I was doing as search for some EMT info.

Started volunteering with a Fire Deparment about a month ago, about to take EMT-b training here in September, really looking forward to it.

I am 23 years old, graduated from college (Oregon State University) last year with a BA in History, started working as a volunteer coordinator for the Medical Reserve Corps (a volunteer disaster group) very worth while checking out. Really getting into emergency response and working with a variety of people in the medical field got me really interested in EMS.

Hoping to make this a career, even though this is not what I planned when I first went to college, granted a degree in history only makes me qualified to work at starbucks.

Looking to get onto a private ambulance company when I finish my training in December (granted I pass the tests.) and begin a career with EMS.

Looking forward to learning a lot from all of you, and from what I have gleaned from some of the threads, there is some vast knowledge here, which hopefully I will be able to learn from, and eventually contribute too!

And one last thing, as football season is almost among us,

Go Beavs!

bigbaldguy

I am new to boards (as of today), which I found, as I was doing as search for some EMT info.

Started volunteering with a Fire Deparment about a month ago, about to take EMT-b training here in September, really looking forward to it.

I am 23 years old, graduated from college (Oregon State University) last year with a BA in History, started working as a volunteer coordinator for the Medical Reserve Corps (a volunteer disaster group) very worth while checking out. Really getting into emergency response and working with a variety of people in the medical field got me really interested in EMS.

Hoping to make this a career, even though this is not what I planned when I first went to college, granted a degree in history only makes me qualified to work at starbucks.

Looking to get onto a private ambulance company when I finish my training in December (granted I pass the tests.) and begin a career with EMS.

Looking forward to learning a lot from all of you, and from what I have gleaned from some of the threads, there is some vast knowledge here, which hopefully I will be able to learn from, and eventually contribute too!

Go Beavs!

We're happy to have you here Gorgeousgeorge. Welcome to EMTLIFE.

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief

Go Beavs!

One question: Do you live up to your username?

Grim Reaper

Forum Ride Along
That Guy Over There

A friend of mine turned me on to this site and I'm actually enjoying what I have seen of it so far. I am a 34 year old EMT, don't really like to share where I am from or any intimate details, but it is the east coast of the United States. Death has a strange habit of following me around and the nickname I was given at my station is "Grim Reaper" because of the number of fatalities that seem to happen when I am around.

I work for my local volunteer fire company as a lieutent, where I have been for nearly 17 years (had my EMT license for about 15). I don't actually have a full time job, except for maybe my dedication to the department, because of some lucky breaks in my 20's that ended up giving me stable income for what I can only imagine will be the rest of my life. Though I do consulting for a few EMS agencies in my area, and do occasionally run with an ambulance crew when they are short staffed.

I would say plain and simple, I got lucky in my career and that lets me lead the life I could have only dreamed of. Hopefully people never get smart enough to stop hurting themselves or each other, at that point I might be a bit screwed. ^_^

Anyway, hope to be a nice addition to the community, and if anyone is interested, I have been writing a blog depicting my calls and views (yeah, boring, I know).

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant
A friend of mine turned me on to this site and I'm actually enjoying what I have seen of it so far. I am a 34 year old EMT, don't really like to share where I am from or any intimate details, but it is the east coast of the United States. Death has a strange habit of following me around and the nickname I was given at my station is "Grim Reaper" because of the number of fatalities that seem to happen when I am around.

I work for my local volunteer fire company as a lieutent, where I have been for nearly 17 years (had my EMT license for about 15). I don't actually have a full time job, except for maybe my dedication to the department, because of some lucky breaks in my 20's that ended up giving me stable income for what I can only imagine will be the rest of my life. Though I do consulting for a few EMS agencies in my area, and do occasionally run with an ambulance crew when they are short staffed.

I would say plain and simple, I got lucky in my career and that lets me lead the life I could have only dreamed of. Hopefully people never get smart enough to stop hurting themselves or each other, at that point I might be a bit screwed. ^_^

Anyway, hope to be a nice addition to the community, and if anyone is interested, I have been writing a blog depicting my calls and views (yeah, boring, I know).

Hey, welcome to emtlife! It sounds like you will be a nice addition to the community! I'm interested in reading your blog. Post us a link to it!

MrJones

Iconoclast
Long story short - I'm a retired US Army First Sergeant embarking on a new career. Completed the SOLO Wilderness EMT program and got my national certification and now getting ready to start a paramedic program and do some job hunting.