The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

Minerva

Forum Probie
Hi everyone,
You can call me Jay, I'm a girl regardless of the name, I'm 19 and live in Southern California. Fresh out of my EMT-B class and taking my NREMT this Monday (Yes. I'm nervous.) so here's to hoping I do as well as I did in the class!
Not only am I new to the EMT field, I've never had any kind of job. I'm now spending my time looking for ways to gain experience and land a job doing something I love :D

Malissa

Forum Probie
Hi my name is Malissa. I am fresh out of EMT-B training and take the NREMT on Friday. I am a little nervous of course.

About me: I am a 30 year old single Mom of two. My daughter just turned five last week and my son turned three in march. We live in the Sacramento area in California.
Once I get all my certificates I hope to work at one of the local private ambulance companies to get a little experience then enter into paramedic school.

mar7967

Forum Crew Member
I am Matt and I am 22. I got my NY EMT-B a little over a year ago. I have been volunteering with my college's ambulance for almost 3 years now. I joined my town's ambulance agency about 8 months ago as a volunteer and just started working there part time. EMS is pretty much always going to be a side thing for me, as I am almost done with an Electrical Engineering degree, but its something I love doing.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome Jay, Malissa and Matt. :)

DrakeZ07

Forum Ride Along
Hiyas~ I'm Harley and I'm 21, hailing from Eastern Kentucky.

I finished my EMT-B course last month, and am scheduled to take my NREMT-B test tomorrow afternoon. I'm sorta in between being nervous, and being super excited. But hopefully, knowing some of the people from my class that failed the course, but passed the NREMT test, will give me the confidence to pass the test.

I wanted to see if any other people who will, or have passed the NREMT-B test, feel the same way as I do, about not feeling trained enough to work in the EMS or transport field. But I suppose that's how everyone feels, eh?

Porkchop

Forum Crew Member
Hi there, and welcome to the forum!

I know exactly how you feel, and I'm pretty sure a lot of other people here do too. You'll be fine, don't worry. Good luck on NREMT.

wijjiam

Forum Probie
hi im will

my names will im a emt student i well be out of school next month or out now depending on if anybody reeds this im 22 and chising a dreem i cant spell but nobody can now adays im going to school through amr and plan to work there or not i live near seattle and i like it

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
my names will im a emt student i well be out of school next month or out now depending on if anybody reeds this im 22 and chising a dreem i cant spell but nobody can now adays im going to school through amr and plan to work there or not i live near seattle and i like it
welcome!! here are a few helpful hints for around here.

Useful hint #1.
Use proper grammer when speaking on this forum. Atleast attempt to use it.

Useful hint #2.
Please use spell check. It will go a long way towards avoiding miss understandings. There are those who dislike having to read something three times in order figure out what was said in the post.

I am not trying to nail you or anything, more of saving your bacon in the future.
Again, welcome.

ClayZB

Forum Ride Along
HI, I'm Clay. I am from a rural county in Southern Missouri. I will be entering an EMT-B class this coming fall. I hope to have my paramedic license within the next couple years.
I went through high school wanting to be a pharmacist, but I got to looking around more and talking with some paramedic friends, and I realized I would be more happy with this line of work.
The ambulance service here does a 48 hour shift a week and you get the rest of the 5 days off. Which is really convenient for me, as that will give me more time to help take care of my mother.
She's also one of the reasons that I want to go into the field, I've helped the paramedics before with her, and it seems like something I wanted to do.

Anyway, I've rattled on. lol
If you've got any advice for me, please share. :)

Ducati_Fan

Forum Ride Along
Just joined to learn what i can. I'm 25 and just starting out in EMS in central indiana. Can't wait to get this show in the road. I've always wanted to be an emt and finally started down this long road that I hope takes me on to greener pastures.

Code7

Forum Probie
Hi, I'm Kasey. I will be starting my EMT-B certification in August. This site is awesome, I look forward to getting to know everyone!

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
hey all, my name is tyler i have been in EMS for 4 years and some change. all fulltime 911. I am currently in medic school and should be done in early fall. I have been lurking the forms for a few months now and decided to jump in. I live in south Los Angeles county, CA. but wouldnt mind moving to Colorado. thanks.

unclekb

Forum Ride Along
Hey yall, I am Kenny fron the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Been an EMT-I for 5 years and have 3 months of P class left. Thanks for the post. Some interesting reading here!!

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
Hello all, my names Patrick and I'm from Massachusetts. I became an EMT-Basic in Mass in May. I haven't had any luck finding a job so I am getting my NREMT so I can apply to places in Rhode Island.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cawolf86

Forum Captain
hey all, my name is tyler i have been in EMS for 4 years and some change. all fulltime 911. I am currently in medic school and should be done in early fall. I have been lurking the forms for a few months now and decided to jump in. I live in south Los Angeles county, CA. but wouldnt mind moving to Colorado. thanks.

Where are you in medic school?

Muky

Forum Ride Along
My name is Cristian, I am from Northern Minnesota, born in Romania. My EMS level is EMT-B, going to school for nursing and after I accomplish my RN level hopefully I won't be to tired of school to take my bridge over to Paramedic.
i will make sure to let all my peers up in this neck of the woods know about this page.I find it very helpfull and a good way to get up to date info on the EMS changes.

tekken1096

Forum Probie
The name's Chris! I am 26 years old and I'll be starting my EMT-B curriculum this fall over at Broward College in Davie, Florida. It's 4 months in duration, 224 hours for a total of 11 college credits. It is also transferable to the Paramedic curriculum or Associate of Science in Emergency Medical Services.

I hope to be a helpful contribution to the community here and maybe I'll share a few stories about my adventures when I get out there.

Take care!