The most stupid calls taken as a dispatcher.

OP
OP
E

eynonqrs

Forum Lieutenant
He is another good one.

One night I get a private line call from a facility. I asked what was wrong with the pt, and the called said: "The pt want's a vol. committal, she want's to leave right now." I dispatched the crew and adivesd them. The crew stated, "If I was in that place, I would want to leave, too." I said, "me too, me too." You would have to be there. You can't tell the staff from the residences. This facility would make any other look like a resort area.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
I received a call for a scout with difficulty breathing: from his scout leader who refused to stay with him, at the National Boy Scout Jamboree, with 45,000 other scouts. crews in field never found him.
Leader called back 12 hours later mad, because we didn't take him to hospital. after scout walked into camp; after he walked by at least 20 medical sub stations, and 10 ambulances. scout didn't want to be checked out, and wasn't wheezing anymore (surprising what inhalor will do for someone). Leader made him go get checked out. all the way to an off site hospital.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
hmmm, received a call for a baby who wouldn't stop crying, hairdye that was burning a girl's hair, an EDP who said he was in his house, but not in HIS house, and the lady who was knocked out by a moose.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
A lady knocked out by a moose in New Jersey!?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
oh, and this isn't in the sticks, this happened in one of the most urban cities in NJ, well knowing for being part of part of the knife and gun club. none of my coworkers believed it either but that's what PD said happened

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI5Ho9akqDA[/YOUTUBE]

Funny :D

Aidey

oh, and this isn't in the sticks, this happened in one of the most urban cities in NJ, well knowing for being part of part of the knife and gun club. none of my coworkers believed it either but that's what PD said happened

If I heard that story, I would think my patient was delusional/hallucinating. Or else she had a stuffed moose head fall on her....Are there even moose in NJ?

Aidey

If I heard that story, I would think my patient was delusional/hallucinating. Or else she had a stuffed moose head fall on her....Are there even moose in NJ?

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I'm a particular fan of the dog that's been barking for the last 20 hours. I think I've had one where "there's a deer eating my bushes..." Every Summer I get the "the kids in the pool next door are too loud."