the 100% directionless thread

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
worked til midnight, got 4 hours of sleep, then ER clinical. 2 hours later I am starting to go from hating the world to feeling somewhat like a norml human being.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
AZ seems to be having a bee problem this year. Is it a normal spring thing?

There are definitely a lot of bees right now because of the citrus blossoms, but they do seem to be a bit more prolific this year. A few of my friends have had a problem.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
uploadfromtaptalk1460221830047.jpg

For some reason this pier looks kinda creepy

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

MrJones

Iconoclast
There are definitely a lot of bees right now because of the citrus blossoms, but they do seem to be a bit more prolific this year. A few of my friends have had a problem.
Bees can definitely be a nuisance, but they're never a problem. In fact, if you ask pretty much any farmer or orchardist they will tell you that a lack of bees is the real problem....

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Bees can definitely be a nuisance, but they're never a problem. In fact, if you ask pretty much any farmer or orchardist they will tell you that a lack of bees is the real problem....
JyMrN.jpg

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess

This is true. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to them and can't have them in my home. I'm looking for beekeepers to have them moved.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
the excitement of the ems phone ringing in a dead ER followed by the sadness upon seeing "confusion" as the CC. Should I say its quiet 5 times fast?

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
the excitement of the ems phone ringing in a dead ER followed by the sadness upon seeing "confusion" as the CC. Should I say its quiet 5 times fast?
Tried that, didn't work. All I want is a code, which I have not gotten.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I hate this ER so much less than 3 hours to go
I actually kind of enjoyed my ER last night. My last two patients were my ONLY 2 for about an hour or so. One was (finally) transferred out and my other was discharged home. I was assigned 4 beds for my entire shift and somehow managed them all without too much trouble. Probably the "worst" of the bunch was a patient that had a "good" IV for meds but not so much for drawing labs from so I started a new line... I figured the other one would blow (and I was right).

This past week or so I have had a bit of a dry spell in terms of getting IVs. This past couple days had me nailing each one, usually on the first try. Of course this week has also been the week of repeat customers... The joys of working in a small city!

Last edited:

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I actually kind of enjoyed my ER last night. My last two patients were my ONLY 2 for about an hour or so. One was (finally) transferred out and my other was discharged home.
I love days that arent hectic when I am being paid. When I am student mode though, I want it all. So I bet you did enjoy that nice end to the day! :D

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I love days that arent hectic when I am being paid. When I am student mode though, I want it all. So I bet you did enjoy that nice end to the day! :D
Indeed I did. I managed to get all my discharge charting done on something like 8 patients (busy evening up to then) and got to leave basically on time. Last weekend I was held over for a total of 5 hours.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Indeed I did. I managed to get all my discharge charting done on something like 8 patients (busy evening up to then) and got to leave basically on time. Last weekend I was held over for a total of 5 hours.
What is discharge charting? For us, it is about four buttons.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
That sounds awful. I sure hope you had the next day off.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
What is discharge charting? For us, it is about four buttons.
Basically it's just review of what tests were ordered, last set of vitals, documentation of teaching and discharge diagnosis. Takes about 3 minutes, maybe less, to go through it all. Part of that is making sure meds given are properly charted, IV taken out or documented for transfer, and the like. If you don't have 3 minutes and you have discharged 8-12 patients before you get to sit...

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I just realized. I'm working the next 10 days straight. ****.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
So my iPhone 5 ended up biting the dust, and being that I needed a new phone I treated myself to the iPhone SE. I'm surprised at how compact, light and fast it is!
Work just gave me an iPhone 6 Plus. There's no need to carry a phone this big. No need.