the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
Way too many adverse effects of that pain relief method.

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
I got the impression that they are under a lot of pressure to fly, but I was told the opposite at the interview I had with AEL.
So...obviously you won't get anything out of this, but maybe other people will.

Let's imagine a hypothetical situation. There is a company (doesn't matter what kind) that for one reason or another promotes and forces it's employees into cutting corners, being unsafe, unethical, having poor morale, whatever, I'm sure everyone gets the point. They go to interview a prospective new employee (which they need to fill a vacancy) who asks them if it's true that they do all of the above things.

Does anyone in their right mind think that they will just blurt out "Oh hell yes! We're a bunch of shady mofo's! We do all the bad, unsafe things here!"

I hope people here understand what "due diligence" is and what it really means to evaluate a potential employer.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
So...obviously you won't get anything out of this, but maybe other people will.

Let's imagine a hypothetical situation. There is a company (doesn't matter what kind) that for one reason or another promotes and forces it's employees into cutting corners, being unsafe, unethical, having poor morale, whatever, I'm sure everyone gets the point. They go to interview a prospective new employee (which they need to fill a vacancy) who asks them if it's true that they do all of the above things.

Does anyone in their right mind think that they will just blurt out "Oh hell yes! We're a bunch of shady mofo's! We do all the bad, unsafe things here!"

I hope people here understand what "due diligence" is and what it really means to evaluate a potential employer.

Amazingly, you can learn a lot from what and how a prospective employer responds to your questions. I kmow you're not quite capable of parsing, but it really does work.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So that just happened...Every single one of my uniforms is at the dry cleaners except the one I am planning on wearing to work today. Risky not having a spare, but I decided to take a chance, after all, never needed a spare yet before....Welp, the EMS gods felt me mocking them in that manner and acted swiftly and desicively this morning. It wasn't even at work...Me and my dad were both up early, me getting ready for work, my dad getting ready to be picked up by his brother to road trip to Arizona to watch some spring training baseball...well as I'm dressed and heading out the door, I forget something and turn around suddenly to go back inside, and we crash into each other head on...as he's carrying some adult beverages, he goes off balance and the glass bottles crack against the brick wall, and guess who's last uniform shirt gets splashed with the spuds....yup, mine -_-

The good news is that my t-shirt and pants and boots were unscathed, the bad news is my uniform shirt...not so much...and now it smells like it was partaking in some St Patty's Day festivities, and it's my "hey leave right now so you're not late to work" time, with no spare shirt. My only recourse is to wear my uniform jacket zipped up over my t-shirt (don't forget I'm essentially still an FD rookie here so I don't have the luxury of just forgoing and wearing just the t-shirt all shift). I was hoping to borrow a spare uniform shirt from one of my buddies and wear it under my jacket so at least I didn't have to keep it zipped all the way up...no such luck. And of course it's going to be 80+ here in sunny So Cal....the day is barely halfway through and still heating up...yup I sure learned my lesson, no matter what, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have a spare uniform to the one you're planning on wearing that day. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find a nice air conditioned corner to hide out in lol

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Your department doesn't have a washer/dryer?

You could have had that washed and dried in 90 minutes.

Rettsani

Forum Captain
Muhaha .....
I am glad that I must never wash my work cloth with all the germs of my Patients on it. We've a Laundry. :) :)

Anjel

Forum Angel

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I've forgotten my uniform before. That was fun. Got to vehiculars, realized I forgot to throw one in my bag. I always wore a regular tee on the way in. It happened to be a media day, so I was introduced to a ton of Phoenix fire's chiefs, captains, etc.
I'm wearing a baggy hoody for the top part of my uniform and it's 90 degrees out. Outside all day.
Really quite a lot of fun....

Anjel

Forum Angel
My new baby
ef12929885f11e525bfbb3dd5b592719.jpg

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Awww sooo cute!

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
.22LR rounds, though small, will F you up if they travel from your shoulder, down through your lung, IVC, and nick your heart.
I've seen something similar with a .25 ACP round... One of my patients got shot in the right shoulder and the bullet went through the right lung, right atria, left lung hilum, left lung, and exited just anterior to the left scapula. He wasn't facing the gun square on, he was bladed... (kind of standing sideways) The bullet basically traveled a straight line through him. No, he didn't survive.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Your department doesn't have a washer/dryer?

You could have had that washed and dried in 90 minutes.
you see, that would have been the SMART move. Unfortunately I was more panicked than SMART yesterday morning. And so was my dad lol. Since our collision happened in our laundry room at the house and with a nice big dark amber spot growing on the front of my light blue shirt we got it off and pre treated and tossed in the washer here at home and I rushed out thinking I could hopefully borrow someone's shirt...yeah I was pulling into the parking lot when I realized that taking it to the washer at station would have been the SMART move -_- Yeah that was definitely a hot sweatshirts way to learn my lesson. The firefighters were laughing at how if this had happened a couple weeks ago when we were trying to have "spring" it probably wouldn't have been crazy to have worn the jacket all day. The good news is that at least the immediate pretreatment and wash at home worked nicely and my shirt isn't stained as is still serviceable.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
About to get defibrillated in the name of science... [emoji16]

Anjel

Forum Angel

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Lol there will be video and photos, but I don't know if I'll have access to them.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Lol there will be video and photos, but I don't know if I'll have access to them.
In an electrophysiology lab I'm hoping?