the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
6 weeks and 1 day.

53b744ee829712f62d726f053f63c7b6.jpg

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
I feel like I am dying at work. I have worked with my current partner 7 shifts out of 104 and I just feel like I can't do this for 97 more days/24 weeks/almost 6 months. Ugh. I wish I stayed part time. What a mistake to go full time. There is a reason why I got this shift being at the very bottom of the seniority list literally. Everybody before me bidded for another shift and this was the only one left if I wanted to go full time, which I did. I didn't think it was going to be this bad. I keep wanting to quit this job only because of this shift/unit.
I have had the opportunity to work FT but stayed PT just for this reason. If you NEED the benefits or shifts are tough to come by, then FT is a good option. If neither is the case, PT employee working FT+ hours is where it's at.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Working PRN at my current job is great. I get enough paramedic time to fulfill my jones, yet I don't have to deal with any of the politics or petty crap that goes on there. (and I'm not singling out my department, it happens everywhere.) Like I said before, working as a paramedic because I like to do it is much better than working as a paramedic because I NEED to do it.

Rettsani

Forum Captain
Hi,
@ all, How are you doing? I 'm sorry I wasn't here a longer time because of my first new Job after my 5 years offtime (work Accident). The last 1,5 years where a bit hard for me so that I had often no time for myself, I work in a really bussy Ambulance Service, much work, less sleep and rally much new things to learn. This has made me often very very tired. I thought my Rehab time was hard, but the last time was harder. But my start was good and now I hope for a unlimeted Job contract. :)

Anjel

Forum Angel
Pub crawl. Best invention ever

Anjel

Forum Angel
What does one with a broken hip drink on a pub crawl?

Ensure?

Rude lol

There has actually been a study conducted tonight that proves that 9 glasses of apple pie moonshine greatly reduces pain In Those with broken hips.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
When does that study get published?

Anjel

Forum Angel
I believe they are waiting to see the adverse effects in the AM

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Just had 3rd lay rescuer response. Was at the bowling alley when a man went down. Other people we're standing directly in over him, I thought they were family...they slapping him in the face and saying stay with me etc. "Hes still breathing"they said. he.looked like he was stroking out, and looked.like he was tracking but otherwise unresponsive. I still thought these peeps new him, and one IDea as an EMT. when I tried to get his name and Hx I realized no one knew him or what was going on. As I put my hand to n his chest I realized he had was agonal, and asked to pull him away from the ball return, no pulse, started compressions. The two peeps helping wanted to pause for mouth to mouth. I said no, that's not what we do any more without an airway it's just compressions. Not letting up on compressions, arguments ensued culminating with someone saying "dude what kind of training do you have?" "I'm a physician assistant" " did you even graduate?"
So many things I could have/wish said but didn't. Anyways, responding crew was cool. An hour or so later an off duty FF turned up to let us know after 3 shocks he was reportedly alert complaining of chest pain...probably from at least 2 broken ribs.

I'm glad the FF showed up because I was beating myself up because he probly could have used CPR 45 seconds sooner.

Angel

Paramedic
Sounds like you did good. And people are so ignorant, not just on the CPR but thinking you're a med school drop out.
I can't wait till they change the name to physician associate or something more entailing of what the job actually is.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
.22LR rounds, though small, will F you up if they travel from your shoulder, down through your lung, IVC, and nick your heart.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Strong work @Ewok Jerky. I've always had bad luck with arrests in bowling alleys. They die with a surety and finality that neither compressions nor electricity can reverse.

Must be the shoes.