the 100% directionless thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I'm surprised you found the hospital!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm surprised you found the hospital!
Hey I know where it is. Its the place I get yelled at for bringing them an intubated patient :)

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
That's probably your best bet. That's something worth going to trial over too. Was it a zone with lights or just signs? If the lights were activated you're kinda hosed, if it's signs you need to go back and take pictures of the sign and confirm what they say. Most will say "when school is in session" or something of the sort. Might want to get a copy of the school's schedule as well.
I walked the whole street right after he pulled me over with my phone recording. Time stamped at 20 mins after. Walked around the sign and it says 15 mph when in session, of course.
They had the permanent sign of approaching school zone, no portable sign out with the speed limit though. The statute says to be enforceable in Arizona it has to consist of; no passing zone, yellow lined crosswalk, a permanent sign saying that you are approaching and the portable when schools in session.
Then just to see what happened I called the charter school and the owner actually answered. She said they didn't in fact have their signs and they haven't even ordered them all for this year. They only had the one against the wall.
She also confirmed that schools not in session until Monday. She's going to write a statement to the effect for me and even actually went so far to say she'd sign it with her notary in the office so that it would be more acceptable for the courts.
That's along with the various sloppy bits on the ticket. He didn't even offer it to me for me to sign to say I received it, didn't fill out my license correctly, didn't put the report number (required for Phoenix), just the whole thing is half assed. I supposed that's what happens when you pull someone over at 3:19 and are issuing the citation and leaving at 3:21 per his documentation.
Ha he was just sloppy. No way he can win it in a trial.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Thanks. It's just a bad day. The thought of going back to work is making me feel sick. No specific call, and my system is great... I just feel beat down. I'm sure we all feel this way at one time or another.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
I just feel beat down. I'm sure we all feel this way at one time or another.

This. I had to go home early and this is even after getting sleep at work.

I don't really drink so I can't offer you one of those with me but heck, join the club anyway.

99,8% of me just doesn't care no more (although I'd never show it to the pt.) ... 0.2% does in select circumstances.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Holy crap! How many people can there possibly be in Pecos County?
Pecos county has more people than there are in my county ;)

Pecos town is actually in Reeves county. Pecos county is just south of us.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Pecos county has more people than there are in my county ;)

Pecos town is actually in Reeves county. Pecos county is just south of us.
Just like Nevada City is in California...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Google says there's only 15000? Evidently they're all just profoundly sick all the time! Either that or your street signs are all installed backwards and actually cause MVAs. Perhaps you should look into that @TransportJockey
Lol major interstates and a ton of oil rigs don't help ;)

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I wonder what was going through the mind of the ambulette (wheel chair van) driver as he pulled up to take his regular to dialysis and instead found our ambulance already parked in front and us pounding on his patients chest (ok so I doubt he saw that since our patient had the good manners to drop in the shed where there was barely enough room to slide up alongside for chest compressions but still)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I've gotten to that weird place where one of the very first things I notice about people I meet are their hand and arm veins and occasionally an EJ.