the 100% directionless thread

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Me.... I have really really stupid shift start times, since I got my new EMT Job on May 1st. My exchange shift times make me crazy. :p

Start Times: 6:15 AM, 6:30 AM, 7:00 AM, 7:30 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM 1:00 PM, 7:00 PM

That's awful. I would go crazy.

Rettsani

Forum Captain
That's awful. I would go crazy.

I'm already crazy because of that.
We have to work 5 - 6 Days per a week, the shortest shift has 7 hours, the longest shift 12 hours. Some weeks we work more than 70 hours and we have really rare time to rest because of too much runs. Some days we have 4 - 6 runs and then there are days with 11 and more runs per Ambulance. We see our station only in the morning and the evening and meet our colleagues only at the entrance of the hospital emergency room. -_-

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm already crazy because of that.
We have to work 5 - 6 Days per a week, the shortest shift has 7 hours, the longest shift 12 hours. Some weeks we work more than 70 hours and we have really rare time to rest because of too much runs. Some days we have 4 - 6 runs and then there are days with 11 and more runs per Ambulance. We see our station only in the morning and the evening and meet our colleagues only at the entrance of the hospital emergency room. -_-

That sounds like a recipe for burnout. Is every person's schedule that bad?

Rettsani

Forum Captain
That sounds like a recipe for burnout. Is every person's schedule that bad?

Yeah, unfortunately.
But we're doing our best to handle it well.
I have never dreamed of this hard type of vocational reintegration, after my long time off because my accident.

Sounds like a typical busy IFT service in the states.

you're right. I work for a relief organisation. We have 8 small BLS Ambulances, some ALS Ambulances at 3 Fire- and Rescue stations in our City, and 2 ALS Ambulances for special requirements and Emergency Physician Vehicles.

Last edited by a moderator:

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Brown recluse spider bite = septic shock, DKA, A fib, and AKI.

Crazy how one bug bite can put you in the ICU and almost kill you.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
First code ever worked in the field... o.o middle aged pt student make it... had no idea what to say to the family afterwards. Thankfully my partner took care of that.

Anu

Forum Crew Member
I just wanted to stay how amazed I am at how time just flies. I joined this forum five years ago already. It seems those years couldn't have gone by any faster than they have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally purchased a neck pillow, needless to say I've been missing out. Zzzzzz

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
At the Colorado river for a 5 day vacation. Good to get away

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
I think I'm going to get a job in a second or third world country like Canada or Australia. :rolleyes: