the 100% directionless thread

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I've always heard 20ml/kg for adults, but I've never really seen that used in real life

Anjel

Forum Angel
I've always heard 20ml/kg for adults, but I've never really seen that used in real life

Ah ha! You and robb are awesome. I texted him, because I wasn't sure how fast someone would answer here lol and I'm freaking out! Mod 4 exam in 2 days!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Same. Mostly I just hear "give him a 200-500ml bolus and then see how his pressure is"

Anjel

Forum Angel
Ewwww bed bugs. I'm setting myself on fire as I type.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Make that "500-1000" and your right on. Most medics way under resuscitate people for some reason

This, and I don't understand it. Don't be surprised that the BP didn't go up when your fluid challenge was a saline flush.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Last edited by a moderator:

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Made my patient faint when I put an 18 in his AC. Oops my bad

We also go an inservice about the new Impella VADs. It is basically an alternative to IABPs. Pretty cool stuff

Rettsani

Forum Captain
The Sample working day is done. The colleagues did not want to let me go. After each patient the question: When do you start ?
What should I say to that...? So much praise on a day I can't believe after a so long time off. :ph34r::unsure:

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Eight new spark plugs, $115.01 to have them done professionally (2008 F150 4.6L, need bendy tool). Truck runs like new, annoying ticking is gone (misfiring #3 per mechanic, traced to a mostly burned-out plug), power is back. 91,000 miles on OEM plugs, not bad.

Ended my work week with a nice "thank you for saving my life." In a great mood. Also, got ambushed by my parents cat Ambush after work, sat down on the couch and woke up three hours later with a comfy cat scarf. Soft kitty warm kitty little ball of fur happy kitty sleepy kitty purr purr purr.

troymclure

Forum Lieutenant
Why cant an emt-b install an I.V.?

in the army the 40hr combat lifesaver course teaches you to do it.

of course the immediate result was guys slicing the tops off bags of ringers lactate and adding vodka to 1/4 bag.

talk about a cheap night out! lol

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
Went to a stabbing very recently. Multiple wounds over heart pt in PEA arrest copious blood every where.

At first I was like:

tumblr_mianl3JgB61rorvmdo1_500.gif

Pre-hospital Dr arrived 2 minutes after us and decided to do a full 'Clam-Shell Thoracotomy" after L) sided needle decompression was performed due to all of us arriving less than 10 minutes after the call. . With 5 minutes the entire thoracic cavity was exposed (after ribs cut with bolt cutter liek device) w/ puncture wound to heart and huge blood clot in pericardium (tamponaded).

I was like

mother-of-god-o.gif

Puncture in heart was stapled. I got to use a rib spreader (wow) and was instructed how to do internal cardiac massage, until asystole with multiple IOs used in Tibia and humerus

Outcome was negative.

I do not get paid enough for this.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Outcome was negative.

Go figure with those kinds of injuries! I can't imagine pre-hospital thoracotomies often end well. At least you got some interesting experiences out of it. I don't know many paramedics that have had the opportunity to perform internal cardiac massage.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Why cant an emt-b install an I.V.?

in the army the 40hr combat lifesaver course teaches you to do it.

of course the immediate result was guys slicing the tops off bags of ringers lactate and adding vodka to 1/4 bag.

talk about a cheap night out! lol

I am too dumbfounded to comment

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
ygyzybes.jpg

adegavez.jpg

This is what my day consisted of. Hope you survive the wind Exodus!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Blizzard warning means a 36 hour shift and a temporary respite from trainee status so we can staff three ambulances.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
2 more shifts and we will be beach bound for 3 days and 2 nights of camping with no distractions of the modern world. Hopefully we can get down to the 30mile marker on North Padre.

I'm so looking forward to this break. Now for Tuesdays mad thrash to get finished prepping.