the 100% directionless thread

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
I take it no one has chosen to utilize iPads due to concerns over durability/warranty coverage?

Honestly...100% touch with a Bluetooth keyboards/scanner would be a GREAT solution. Unfortunately we're stuk with GD

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You guys mean this? Nothing a little 2in cloth tape can't fix. :) lol

I always had problems with where it plugs into the laptop. Done plenty if tape jobs similar to that on the corner of the toughbook :lol:

SSwain

Forum Captain
Got the annual call from my boat storage place. I need to get my boat out by end of April.
Got me thinking about sailing again this year...went thru my photos from last year's adventures.
Found this one I took while in a race last summer. Figured you all might enjoy it.
DSC01447.jpg

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I did horrible in skills class last night.. The instructor got some members from the college Drama Club to do scenarios for us.. Great idea, fun, but OMG they were so good.

Of course I get lead on the "call" with the SIDS death and the screaming crying mother. I have a hard time pretending and acting and playing along. I kept looking at her and laughing.

She kept yelling "WHAT ARE YOU DOING" and "WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BABY". I couldn't hold a straight face because she was actually squeezing out tears. :sad:

Pretending... I just have a hard time with pretending..

MrJones

Iconoclast
I did horrible in skills class last night.. The instructor got some members from the college Drama Club to do scenarios for us.. Great idea, fun, but OMG they were so good.

Of course I get lead on the "call" with the SIDS death and the screaming crying mother. I have a hard time pretending and acting and playing along. I kept looking at her and laughing.

She kept yelling "WHAT ARE YOU DOING" and "WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BABY". I couldn't hold a straight face because she was actually squeezing out tears. :sad:

But did you perform your skills to standard?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
SIDS, no skills were needed.

Lots of SIDS cases are worked as cardiac arrests...that requires lots of skills.

Household, I promise it won't be funny when its a real parent screaming about their real baby not breathing.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
But did you perform your skills to standard?

I did CPR for a couple minutes on the doll, put on the AED.. No pedi patches in the practice AED, so I used the adult patches, put one patch on the front, one on the back.. The mother also tried to grab the baby while I was administering the shock.

The instructor wanted me to be the calming presence in the room, and reassure the mother that I was trying my best. Which I couldn't do because I was laughing at her.. :sad:

Rettsani

Forum Captain
The Job Interview was nice today. I have won a sample working day for an early shift on an Ambulance as 3rd man. :unsure:-_-

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Lots of SIDS cases are worked as cardiac arrests...that requires lots of skills.

Household, I promise it won't be funny when its a real parent screaming about their real baby not breathing.

I KNOW!!!! I know.. I've never had a SIDS call, but I've had a choking 2 year old in real life with a freaked out screaming mother.. Which I handled beautifully..

Two weeks ago I witnessed a playground fall from about 12 feet on a seven year old boy, muscle memory kicked in instantly, I didn't even have to think about it.. I've learned my real life reactions are completely different than my classroom reactions.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
The Job Interview was nice today. I have won a sample working day for an early shift on an Ambulance as 3rd man. :unsure:-_-

Woop!! Congrats!

Rettsani

Forum Captain
I've learned my real life reactions are completely different than my classroom reactions.

So it is for all of us at the beginning. The real life stands not in any textbook and no Algoritmus fits 100% to each patient.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
So it is for all of us at the beginning. The real life stands not in any textbook and no Algoritmus fits 100% to each patient.

My Tuesday night medic is really pushing me on those non-textbook scenarios.. I can ace written exams, terminology, physiology, medications etc... But every scenario he gave me last night my patient was already dead. Where is that in a textbook??!!! He knows exactly where my weak skills are, he's like a freaking mind reader..

Rettsani

Forum Captain
My Tuesday night medic is really pushing me on those non-textbook scenarios.. I can ace written exams, terminology, physiology, medications etc... But every scenario he gave me last night my patient was already dead. Where is that in a textbook??!!! He knows exactly where my weak skills are, he's like a freaking mind reader..

Well that he is so.
From those Kind of Medics you can damned a lot learn. I love the experienced. Steal their skills, experience and knowledge, with eyes, ears and hands. :)

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
Ugh, CAD system down for the day so they can update it. This day is going to be long. This is the only time you will ever hear me say thankfully I am on IFT today.

AzValley

Forum Lieutenant

That seems pretty intense to me. and some good acting skills. never seen anyone fake crying

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Dog just got put to sleep...this really sucks but I'm happy he could go peacefully at home.
e2azuhy3.jpg

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I'm so sorry, Tigger. It's always hard to lose a pet

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Tigger,

I'm sorry for your loss. In that picture he looks content as a dog can possibly be.