the 100% directionless thread

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Just ran across this video while looking up CPAT requirements; no idea why youtube thinks it has anything to do with the CPAT, but it's pretty funny.
"Gangnam style- firefighter style"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYNkip68dig

Last edited by a moderator:

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
First shift on L&D tonight. I'm willing to bet that the first baby I help with is going to take one look at me...and crawl back in a la ground hogs day.

Good luck. Hopefully your experience is better than mine was. Half my patients wouldn't let me exam them. Who wouldn't want this guy checking out their business right after having a baby?! Some people. They usually don't care about male doctors.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Good luck. Hopefully your experience is better than mine was. Half my patients wouldn't let me exam them. Who wouldn't want this guy checking out their business right after having a baby?! Some people. They usually don't care about male doctors.

It's the advantage of being a medical student... there isn't really much of an option since it isn't "extra" and we're a part of the official medical team. Heck, in clinic if I need to do a pap or a speculum, I just tell the patient that we need to do it, tell the LVN or CNA, who then preps the patient and the room, and acts as the chaperone. For new gyn patients we're expected to do the breast, pap, pelvic exam before presenting to the attending.

Anjel

Forum Angel
It's the advantage of being a medical student... there isn't really much of an option since it isn't "extra" and we're a part of the official medical team. Heck, in clinic if I need to do a pap or a speculum, I just tell the patient that we need to do it, tell the LVN or CNA, who then preps the patient and the room, and acts as the chaperone. For new gyn patients we're expected to do the breast, pap, pelvic exam before presenting to the attending.

So you're not a dr yet Are you?

When do we call you Dr. JP?

Achilles

Forum Moron

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
CPAT is the easiest test ever, look up "the killer"
Any criteria that could limit that search? I've searched about 6 or 7 variations of the "the killer" physical, physical testing, etc... and all I got was random sites.

dmc2007

Forum Captain
Well I missed call #1. But that's because I was on call #40811, the last of '12.

But I did get the first tube in the system in '13.

I got sent to a transfer with a pick up at 2359. By the time we cleared and got assigned again, we were on Run 6.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
So you're not a dr yet Are you?

When do we call you Dr. JP?

I know hasn't he been in school for like 7 years? I feel like im watching saved by the bell where the same kids are in school for so long they have to start shooting around the knocked up ones.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I know hasn't he been in school for like 7 years? I feel like im watching saved by the bell where the same kids are in school for so long they have to start shooting around the knocked up ones.

I'm still wondering if he is real.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

He's gotta be real. I mean come on if you were creating a fake online alter ego you wouldn't make him a doctor who fan and you definetly wouldn't put him in DO school :)

Just kidding JP DOs are cool.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

As real as the memes he posts.

h19ADADC8

Achilles

Forum Moron
He's gotta be real. I mean come on if you were creating a fake online alter ego you wouldn't make him a doctor who fan and you definetly wouldn't put him in DO school :)

But which is better DO or MD :rolleyes:

sorry, had to!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm finally off duty. And seeing as how I haven't slept a wink since sometime last year, I'm going to bed.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
2013 protocol update is in the can and soon to be on the way to the state. Next up on the list is the field training process.

JPINFV

Gadfly

Hey, if Sam Ax from Burn Notice is a DO, then we're doing something right.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mWa_rBE_wA[/youtube]

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Lawless is a badass movie.

That is all.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I have an interview with a Roush Performance parts distributor tomorrow :D So stoked. May not be EMS, but it isn't Subway, where I used to work, or no job, like right now. haha.
Doubtful they'll hire though, they want 2 years of customer service experience, which you were supposed to include in your resume, but I have none, so I just put my fast food jobs and the general "want to learn, hardworking, very interested in cars with a working knowledge of most car parts," type bs. Was actually really surprised they called, I'll be so happy if I get a job there :D