the 100% directionless thread

heatherabel3

Forum Lieutenant
4 weeks till schools done and I got 2 job offers today. Well, one volunteer position offer and one kinda sorta offer at the hospital on base in the OR. I am over the moon excited.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
I have a lp 3 and lp 4. One of them still turns on, though I can't remember which one.

(SETUP)

I guess I'm the only one on the site who's used a Lifepak 2 in the field...

(PUNCH!)

... my inguinal hernia proves it!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
(SETUP)

I guess I'm the only one on the site who's used a Lifepak 2 in the field...

(PUNCH!)

... my inguinal hernia proves it!

I've only used the LP12...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You know that feeling when you spend time with someone and everything goes just right? Can't wipe this smile off my face, hopefully it's a two way street and she feels the same way but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm going to feel all grown up though if this works out along with the new job :wacko:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I started with an LP5. With a cassette recorder in it, to record the audio and rhythm on codes. Ugh.

The LP10, with the quick pad adapter was a godsend. :)

I guess I am old.

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
Been awake 28+ hours at the moment. Accidentally ordered a free hot chocolate with a lot of caffine in it about 10 hours ago. My friend was paying, and I'm regretting it now.

Actually that's a lie. I don't really regret it, I just can't sleep and I have a serious urge to go party and play beerpong. Also getting my baby (95 mustang v6 turbo) back in about 3.5 hours. Counting down :]

And my girlfriend wants me to go with her to a nude beach. I told her its a bad idea, for obvious reasons, I mean isn't it bad ettiquite to have an erection at a nude beach?

Last edited by a moderator:

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
http://www.stlouischildrens.org/our-services/transport-services/modes-transport/mobile-intensive-care-units

I was able to take a tour of our children's hospital transport team this week. They have a very cool set up, most days they have 2-3 teams available, 2 RNs and an EMT-P. They have 2 helicopters, a fixed wing, and 3 MICU ambulances(see link above) and they decide what to take depending on weather, distance, etc. They do only IFT and primarily serve the Midwest but have done trips all over the country.They also are working getting ECMO certified and will be one of the few services able to transport ECMO patients.

I can not wait to be a flight nurse, too bad I hate Peds or I would love to work for them.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
You know that feeling when you spend time with someone and everything goes just right? Can't wipe this smile off my face, hopefully it's a two way street and she feels the same way but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm going to feel all grown up though if this works out along with the new job :wacko:

Awesome. :)

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
For the love of the flying spaghetti monster someone save me from my partner's student. He is horrifically slow. I have no idea how he passed medic school.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

No, no I do not. I am happy for ya though bud.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I just finished reading "The House of God" in 2 days. Wish I would've found it sooner.

Thanks to the ones here that mentioned it.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Remember teenage girls dont count!
pedobear-busted-by-chris-hansen.jpg

VFlutter

Flight Nurse

I am only 22, I can still pull off the 18-19 year olds with out being creepy haha except I went the opposite way and am dating a 26 year old :wacko: I'm a sucker for nurses

Anjel

Forum Angel

Anjel

Forum Angel

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Gah. I have to be up at 0430. I'm happy to be back on days but swapping from a 1630 start time to a 0530 start time is going to take a bit to get used to.