the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
^^^^ Rob, not cool at all! What school is this now? I have not heard anything.

University of Nevada, Reno. It's scary man. Reno is falling apart. I lost a friend to a gunshot in front of a bar downtown on the 3rd and there has been runs of stabbings and shootings downtown, a couple bouncers were shot and some patrons stabbed over the last few months.

I guess I'll be getting my fair share of trauma in my internship -_-

Anjel

Forum Angel
Just had a presentation by the secretary of homeland security.

So many rules you have to follow lol

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Whoever invented shin splints needs to be shot. That is all.

Trauma_Junkie

No rest for the wicked...
I've decided to call it a night after a very long day spent with my medic course books. Tomorrow will be more of the same. I just keep telling myself it will be worth it. :rolleyes: For now...zzzz

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok...so I raise my own beef and chicken. I only eat fish I catch myself (or that family and friends catch). I raise my own layer hens. I raise my own pigs (well, actually a neighbor about a mile away does, but for the purpose of my point it's just as good.)

I just watched a video that would make me (and should make every American) want to become a raw food only vegan in protest. Aside from the fact I raise my own meat, I would. I plan on not eating any meat now unless I raised it myself.

I don't remember what it was called. I'm still looking for it again. I was crying too hard to remember much except what I was watching. It was a video about 10-15 minutes long about how horribly animals are treated in feed lots, hatcheries, and processing plants. In one clip, a worker had smuggled a camera into a chicken hatchery in Iowa, where sick baby chicks and all the male chicks were dumped into a huge meat grinder, alive, because they are of no value in the egg industry. There was another clip of a cow that broke through a fence panel at a processing plant and got it's leg broken by workers trying to heard it back. The poor cow could not walk and they still were beating it to try to get it to move. Eventually they bring out a forklift and accidentally spear the cow trying to pick it up. Then they carry it, still alive and bellowing and still speared completely through off the frame of the camera.

God it makes me sick. I suppose there is a reason many famous authors have made comments about one of the first major downturns in a nations social status is when it treats animals in such a horrible manner.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Ok...so I raise my own beef and chicken. I only eat fish I catch myself (or that family and friends catch). I raise my own layer hens. I raise my own pigs (well, actually a neighbor about a mile away does, but for the purpose of my point it's just as good.)

I just watched a video that would make me (and should make every American) want to become a raw food only vegan in protest. Aside from the fact I raise my own meat, I would. I plan on not eating any meat now unless I raised it myself.

I don't remember what it was called. I'm still looking for it again. I was crying too hard to remember much except what I was watching. It was a video about 10-15 minutes long about how horribly animals are treated in feed lots, hatcheries, and processing plants. In one clip, a worker had smuggled a camera into a chicken hatchery in Iowa, where sick baby chicks and all the male chicks were dumped into a huge meat grinder, alive, because they are of no value in the egg industry. There was another clip of a cow that broke through a fence panel at a processing plant and got it's leg broken by workers trying to heard it back. The poor cow could not walk and they still were beating it to try to get it to move. Eventually they bring out a forklift and accidentally spear the cow trying to pick it up. Then they carry it, still alive and bellowing and still speared completely through off the frame of the camera.

God it makes me sick. I suppose there is a reason many famous authors have made comments about one of the first major downturns in a nations social status is when it treats animals in such a horrible manner.

Yup happens all the time in the meat industry. Commercially raised meat is horrific both from a ethical point of view and for health reasons.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

slb862

Forum Lieutenant
Does anybody like corn on the cob? I do. just thought I would throw that out. Have a great day! I go on vacation with my 3 lovely grandbabies in 24 hours! yippee

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients

I am tracking right with you. It's disgusting.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I have a spider ring and a fortune cookie. Woohoo!

bigbaldguy

Does anybody like corn on the cob? I do. just thought I would throw that out. Have a great day! I go on vacation with my 3 lovely grandbabies in 24 hours! yippee

Only if it's cooked on the grill with the husk still on. yum

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Thank you to my friends here who have been so supportive through this hard time, life must go on and getting upset or angry won't change anything or help any.

I am now seriously considering going to medical school, what do we think?

Yes, you are correct in thinking "WTF Brown why are you posting in the first person?" The answer is that Brown no longer exists, only his creator who is a very real human

bigbaldguy

Thank you to my friends here who have been so supportive through this hard time, life must go on and getting upset or angry won't change anything or help any.

Yes, you are correct in thinking "WTF Brown why are you posting in the first person?" The answer is that Brown no longer exists, only his creator who is a very real human

Ok I missed something need to do some research.

Sasha

Forum Chief

Didnt you say last night you wanted to do nursing or am i imagining things?

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Well, I thought you wanted to go to medical school, but due to other obligations, it wouldn't have been realistic so you decided to do nursing as a fallback plan, but now that thats taken care of, it seems like you can go. I'd do it.

JPINFV

Gadfly
There goes the East coast copying California again.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
What did the East coast do now?

JPINFV

Gadfly
5.9 earthquake in Virgina.

Dear Mother Earth,
Washington, DC hasn't fallen into the Atlantic yet. Please send more.