the 100% directionless thread

Sasha

Forum Chief
Meh, rules about tips are stupid. There comes a time when refusing tips are more insulting than anything else.

last time I refused a tip I told them to call and say how awesome we were because it goes in our file and gets considered during raises/evals. Gave him a pen with the phone number and wrote down our names for him.

Got back to the station and we both got $30 giftcards for getting a compliment AND a note in our files to get considered during raises and evals. Beat the $10/each tip we were going to get. Sometimes it works out in your favor to refuse a tip.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Found my neighbor dead on his bedroom floor today. It's weird I've been to a few DOA's on duty but it hits you so much differently when you know the person. I didn't even know him all that well.

JPINFV

Gadfly
last time I refused a tip I told them to call and say how awesome we were because it goes in our file and gets considered during raises/evals. Gave him a pen with the phone number and wrote down our names for him.

Got back to the station and we both got $30 giftcards for getting a compliment AND a note in our files to get considered during raises and evals. Beat the $10/each tip we were going to get. Sometimes it works out in your favor to refuse a tip.

True, but the three times I've been given a tip it was basically shoved into my hand. I actually felt bad about the last one because the family (large family, grandma was going to home hospice) had a crew from hell from a separate company the last time she was discharged, so doing nothing special made us look awesome.

Deltachange

Forum Crew Member
Brown cried today for the first time over a job.

Little baby girl vs pot of boiling water

Wow brown that super sucks, I am sorry to hear that. Pediatrics just suck, plain and simple. I volunteer for the BoyScouts in my area, and I had to put a kid on an ambulance today with a back injury, made me very sad. I hope all is well!

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus

I don't say this lightly or out of disrespect to you or the child:

Congratulations.

I hope you understand why.

Fondly,

Russ, a firetender

Anjel

Forum Angel

Little baby girl vs pot of boiling water

I dread the day I get a call like that. Or any kind of child abuse for that matter.

:-( Sorry...thats awful.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Found my neighbor dead on his bedroom floor today. It's weird I've been to a few DOA's on duty but it hits you so much differently when you know the person. I didn't even know him all that well.

Aww :-( that sucks too. I'm sorry to hear that.

What a day for badness.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Finals in one class today. Wish me luck. :-S

Good luck!

may the force be with you?

Or some other inspirational saying.

Oooo how about break and save a leg!

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown got a $2,200 tax refund sweet :D

... orange HEMS jumpsuits with "DOCTOR" written on them are only like, $900 :p

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Had my first status asthma patient yesterday. Actually got congratulated by the doc I dropped him off to (the hospital is owned by the parent company of the big EMS company in ABQ and they don't tend to congratulate anyone but crews from that company) because we got him there still breathing. When I called my report they thought I would have to get my 'medic' to intubate him (and they looked even more shocked when they found out I was lead on the truck and an EMT-I)

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Had my first status asthma patient yesterday. Actually got congratulated by the doc I dropped him off to (the hospital is owned by the parent company of the big EMS company in ABQ and they don't tend to congratulate anyone but crews from that company) because we got him there still breathing. When I called my report they thought I would have to get my 'medic' to intubate him (and they looked even more shocked when they found out I was lead on the truck and an EMT-I)

I had one of those a few weeks back... pushed every respiratory drug including a mag drip and Epi IM.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I was stuck with Albuterol and Epi... Still waiting for my company to get Solu-Medrol approved by the medical director (EMT-I/P use). I actually had a doc ready to give me orders to try nebulized atropine... but I nixed that since we were 30 seconds out at that point and that's WAY outside my scope here in NM.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I was stuck with Albuterol and Epi... Still waiting for my company to get Solu-Medrol approved by the medical director (EMT-I/P use). I actually had a doc ready to give me orders to try nebulized atropine... but I nixed that since we were 30 seconds out at that point and that's WAY outside my scope here in NM.

Albuterol, atrovent, Epi, solu-medrol and mag sulfate. Was about to try CPAP / work my way in to RSI when we were backing in to the ER. Kid was lucky.

PS-- QUIT CALLING ME ON MY DAY OFF PEOPLE. I don't know what it is, and apparently it's enough to warrant calling me twice in a few hours, but I'm not getting paid therefor I'm not dealing with work crap. Wait 48 hours.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Just got back from the doctor. Apparently the spreading bald spot on the back of my head is from stress and a crappy sleep cycle.

Now I have to figure out how to play the pity card at the next labor/management meeting to get some crap changed around here.