the 100% directionless thread

Sasha

Forum Chief
Well now I am working a double tomorrow. 630-1 then 3-11.

That's a double? Soounds like a regular shift with a lunch break thrown in.

Lucky duck. We don't get lunch breaks.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
tumblr_llgsivOjSS1qbcfd6.png

JPINFV

Gadfly
It can't be rapture time yet. After all, everyone knows that the antichrist is the Justin Bieber - Rebecca Black love child recording artist.

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
aefcf462-ea6e-7b00.jpg

Hotel went to Canada today.

Welcome!! :) I'd say come down for a beer but I suspect you are still a few thousand miles away. Windsor?

Last edited by a moderator:

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Ya know, I was thinking, if the world is ending tomorrow, why worry, there isn't a freaking thing you can do about it anyhow!

You're right.

However "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

(Thoreau) And I am.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome!! :) I'd say come down for a beer but I suspect you are still a few thousand miles away. Windsor?

Yep. I was in Windsor. When I came back the border patrol guy was a ****. I was nice because I didn't remember 100% if I took my knife out of my car, and didn't want to get held up for it.

I'll clean my truck out next time, and then I'll be a **** right back.

Going into Canada? easy. Side note: I'd love to see the inside of a Canadian ambulance/station.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Need to fill up the chat room at midnight EDSTtonight.

Wait, will rapture proceed simultaneously everywhere, and if so, when? Will it recognize International Date Line?
We buried an old , dear family friend today. Can they get a pro-rated refund for the burial, casket, etc? She would have gotten a kick out of that.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
PS, an apology

:blush:Gosh knows I've made my share of armchair BS posts, threads and replies over the last few years, and I recognize we have a lot of new and young people on board. Sorry if I'm being an old gruff Bolshie.

nemedic

Forum Captain
:blush:Gosh knows I've made my share of armchair BS posts, threads and replies over the last few years, and I recognize we have a lot of new and young people on board. Sorry if I'm being an old gruff Bolshie.

No need to apologize. Being "an old gruff Bolshie" is a valuable role.
while science may have advanced to where the common intervention is no longer indicated, it is still a good thing to have the open discussion. if for nothing other than that it fosters people thinking about a subject, and possibly learning information that they did not know previously

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
On the 20th, I did no shopping...

Mid-month, that's when I usually go shopping. Yes, I must admit, it's usually to Thrift Stores.

I don't need to justify any part of my life to you all, it's my way of practicing sustainability. I essentially buy out all the crap people leave behind when they croak on the Island.

But today, Friday the 20th was weird!

Whatever Thrift Store I went to was surrounded by lines four deep of people! They would have had to be Christian because they were ALL bringing back everything they had ever bought and giving them away to the Thrift Stores so that people like you and me...what'll we be called, "the Remainders"?...will have material goods to help alleviate our suffering just a little.

When I asked a Lady on a line why she was giving away everything she replied, "It's a Christian thing to do, of course...here, take my diamond ring, I really think you're going to need it!"

I even feel a little embarrassed for those nasty things I said about Billy Graham and I won't even recount the words I used to describe Jerry Fallwell, Jim Bakker and the guy who got ratted on by his ex-con prosty-guy.

Wait a minute, I already bought and paid for my ticket to Hell. What am I worried about? My future is secure!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, which for you has already arrived. Late in the afternoon I'm hitting the Thrift Stores with everyone else who's left. The lines should be a lot shorter tomorrow, and even if they're not, we should have a ball!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So the CDC puts out info on possible Zombie attack. And I'm listening to the radio right now "in case of a Zombie attack get to your local zombie free protection shelter and contact your local zombie response team". Hmmmmmmm I didn't know my city has either of those..... And hey I wanna join the zombie response team!!!

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
That's a double? Soounds like a regular shift with a lunch break thrown in.

Lucky duck. We don't get lunch breaks.

The first ones a detail at a marathon. All our shifts our scheduled in 8 hour blocks, we can pick up two in row if you want to.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I've done absolutely nothing today except watch a Glee marathon (I'm a Gleek). Oh yeah, I survived a #Rapture.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
So the CDC puts out info on possible Zombie attack. And I'm listening to the radio right now "in case of a Zombie attack get to your local zombie free protection shelter and contact your local zombie response team". Hmmmmmmm I didn't know my city has either of those..... And hey I wanna join the zombie response team!!!

I remember the day they posted that on their twitter account.

Let it be noted for the record that I learned everything I ever needed to know
about surviving a zombie attack from this man:

216942_o.gif

Sasha

Forum Chief
Doing the rapture check in. Obviously I'm still here.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Aaaaahhhhhh!!!!!! The Rapture happened in the Bay Area, but a little late, and it wasn't as bad as expected... 3.6 magnitude earthquake in the East Bay. :D Oh, it happened a little late at around 7:30 PM too. I couldn't even feel it where I was at (Fremont).

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Hotel was taken up by FSM in the rapture. I'm posting this from the great plate of spaghetti in the sky.

Side note: free wifi up here.