the 100% directionless thread

8jimi8

CFRN
Yay plans are coming together for when I'm done here. 2.5-3 years here to get my medic and AAS along with 911 experience, then move back to NM for UNMs BS-EMS on the Critical Care EMT-P track (while trying to work for AAS or LCAS), then either Denver working for DG or Austin working for ATcEMS. Should be fun. Maybe I do need to just buy a damn fifth wheel travel trailer, since it's just me.

From the wife of an atcems medic, the current academy is the last medic only academy. They will be moving to medic / basic configuration. Might think about coming to Austin now...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
From the wife of an atcems medic, the current academy is the last medic only academy. They will be moving to medic / basic configuration. Might think about coming to Austin now...
Crap you would tell me that now :p Now I gotta think things over again :p

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

If my EMS system gets dissolved (unlikely but a possibility 2° Acadian), I may be looking into atcems also :) From the thread in the ALS section, B/P apparently isn't such a bad thing... Is it due to a shortage of medics or financial issues?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
So does anyone else have in iPhone? You need to get NFL 2011. I am totally hooked and played for like 4 hours today during a serious lull in between calls.

LOL!!!

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
Ugh... hit a deer on my way home from the station this morning.

A nice, fat "thanks for all you do" from the Big Guy. ;P

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Come on Oz, its a go, its an RTA!

*Brown and Oz struggle into thier orange "DOCTOR" jumpsuits and run to the helicopter

Does anybody know if there is a landing zone at the animal hospital? :D

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Does anyone know why ONTRAC states that my package weighs 1 Letter? It is Windows 7 that I ordered from Amazon..I would think it weighs a couple ounces at least.

41274948.jpg
Maybe an error?
The BSoD doesn't weigh much at all. :p

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
My friend is having surgery on Friday, she has gastroparesis and her Gastric pacemaker is "Malfunctioning". That is the term the doctor used. hmm sounds comforting. I have been with her since 2300 on Saturday until about 1900 today. Have to work a 36 hr shift. due to I had someone cover the last 12 hours of my shift on Saturday and I picked his 12 up tonight and my shift tomorrow.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

What?! AtcEMS?! NO!!!!!

PS I hate waking up at 4am for a 3hr drive.

piranah

Forum Captain
I'm sorry women suck..no matter what sometimes they suck the life outta you..

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

True. While being single sucks, sometimes it's a good thing :)

8jimi8

CFRN

i propose that we take the insult out of the connotation of sucking.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Um... has anyone had a problem with their laptop giving them mild electric shocks when they hold it a certain way?

I really don't want to get electrocuted, but I also really don't want to stop playing the online Monopoly game I'm totally addicted to. :/

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown just finished a brutal night shift and is buggered, sure hope Mrs Brown kept the bed warm coz Brown needs sleep :D

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
let it snow let it snow let it snow.... maybe this will work.. i tell the it to stop snowing and it snows.. so maybe if i tell it to snow it will stop :wacko:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Watched someone do something somewhat obscene with a rescue manikin today.
Sounds like my medic class and the dummies on an almost daily basis :)