the 100% directionless thread

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
been working 6 days a week for the last two weeks and for two more.... With children at summer Camp. And because the boss knows I'm an EMT, he goes, "you take care of the kids if they get seriously injured" I was like, thats why you call 911. Oh boy...

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
been working 6 days a week for the last two weeks and for two more.... With children at summer Camp. And because the boss knows I'm an EMT, he goes, "you take care of the kids if they get seriously injured" I was like, thats why you call 911. Oh boy...

Nah...be honest...you were really thinking I've now got a free range of the bandages!;)
Have fun with the little darlings Kempo and be thankful that you can enjoy summer, cause it's really cold in NZ at the moment!

Cheers Enjoynz

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Attention on deck: If you are one of the four cold, heartless souls who called me between 0600 and 0700 today - my day off - I hate you. Carry on.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Attention on deck: If you are one of the four cold, heartless souls who called me between 0600 and 0700 today - my day off - I hate you. Carry on.

Attention on deck: LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Carry On

It never fails people I work with drunk call middle of night or early morning when I am off. I hate the drunk call. They make no sense. They laugh and cry for no reason. If you hang up they call back. Finally I block their number and never hear from them again.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
I just dispatched for an air plane crash, and immediately following was a 3 car MVA.

Fun day!

medic417

The Truth Provider
I just dispatched for an air plane crash, and immediately following was a 3 car MVA.

Fun day!

You better not come dispatch here I might not like you very long. :D

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
You better not come dispatch here I might not like you very long. :D

Sheph, don't feel bad, you can come dispatch for me any day.

It is about time I shed my white cloud. I have not had a pt truly worthy of a code 3 transport in probably a month. And in the past several weeks, I've been well under a 1.5 calls per shift average.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Sheph, don't feel bad, you can come dispatch for me any day.

It is about time I shed my white cloud. I have not had a pt truly worthy of a code 3 transport in probably a month. And in the past several weeks, I've been well under a 1.5 calls per shift average.

That was me too! I was Banging my head against my console begging for calls. And I would go all day without one! So yesterday broke it- and I am soooo glad.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
If the types of calls we're getting during my observation rotations are any indication of what my pattern will be when I'm out on my own, I'm screwed. It's not like "oh ****" explosion mass casualty stuff, it's the weird stuff that throws a curveball at even the most seasoned guys on the floor.

Trayos

Forum Lieutenant
After having way to much time on my hands, I realized the one exception to "and five is four"
Nine.
Unfortunately, this was pointed out to me after I challenged my friends to find a number that didn't suit the rule- there goes ten bucks! :p

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
i just got a call from my chief asking if i could come do station coverage... sad thing is i cant. i am at my other job and i dont get off tell tomorrow :sad:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
It's my weekend! w00t!

Usually my weekend, on the weekends that I don't work, goes Thurs-Sun

But because of my grandmas passing, I had Wednesday off, and then Tuesday is my normal day off as well...

So I've had 6 days off in a row. :ph34r:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
At Wing Stop, I used to get Monday and Tuesday off, which would be like my weekend, but somebody quit so now we are short handed and my schedule is all whacked compared to what it used to be. :(

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I should be going for a walk right now, but I'm way too tired.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I should be going for a walk right now, but I'm way too tired.

Yes you should. I've been hiking since 2200 last night. And I'm not done until 1800 tonight.

I hurt right now. And I'm exausted.

Later folks. Gotta get to hiking again.