Second

Forum Lieutenant
the toad is talking to me...:unsure::ph34r::rolleyes:

medic417

The Truth Provider
Is that a racial remark?

Sasha

Forum Chief
I gave my dogs a bath. I'm now sporting a bunch of scratches up and down my arm, a wet dog smell, and a nice bump on the back of the head when the big one jumped into me and knocked me over trying to get out of the bath tub.

These are the dogs who love to escape the house when it's raining and frolic in puddles, and they're afraid of a bath. Chickens.

NJN

The Young One
My dog hates baths, and water in general. She's a chocolate lab, which makes no sense to me why she hates water.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I had a dog that could not swim. I miss that dog.

tydek07

Forum Captain
I had a dog that could not jump, not at all... that was my first dog, lived to be 14yrs old (human yrs that is :p)

So, just got back from eating pizza with family, now I am at home trying to find something to amuse me for the next 2 hou..... oooh, shiney

Epi-do

I see dead people
Just got the kid put down for the night a little bit ago. Now to kick back and chill for the rest of the night. I've got one dog curled up next to me on the couch and one at my feet. Ahhhhhh.......nice and cozy.

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
Holy crap I just got a new truck! Well new to me, 2008 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab, black, prior rental so only 19,000 miles on it! Haha and my husband thinks I'm going to let him drive it, lol it's all mine! Well maybe I will let him drive it once or twice, haha!

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
No, immediately after they put the tuberculin in, it forms a bubble, that goes down within a few hours. If it comes back, and is more than ~3mm raised, it is considered positive, but only after 48 hours.

My bubble went away with in a half hour or so, is that bad?

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
You're fine, there have been a few threads not too long ago about the TB tests but essentially if it's a positive test you'll know it.

Ahh ok thank you. Mine didn't even bleed and some others bleed like crazy and had a huge bump. I had one done like 6 years ago but I don't remember what it looked like. It was just the first test, get the second one on friday and then the results read the following monday.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Ahh ok thank you. Mine didn't even bleed and some others bleed like crazy and had a huge bump. I had one done like 6 years ago but I don't remember what it looked like. It was just the first test, get the second one on friday and then the results read the following monday.

Mine itched like a mofo. I was afraid if I scratched it too much it would get red and raised and give me a false positive. Worst 48 hours ever!

Paladin

Forum Crew Member
I hate being sent home from work because I'm sick. :sad:

lizhiniatsos

Forum Crew Member
Wow...I should come here more often...in your midst I'm beginning to feel as if I might actually be approaching 'normal'.....wait...what? that last transmission was scratchy...repeat? ....hmmmm, well, who wants to be 'normal' anyway....eh?;) You guys -n- gals all ROCK!!! Hope the day is off to a rollin' start for you...mine, so far, has consisted of reading this entire thread....so very enlightening and wonderfully directionless...my kinda thread :)

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
You're fine, there have been a few threads not too long ago about the TB tests but essentially if it's a positive test you'll know it.

OH MY WORD!!! I needed that!!^_^
I miss-read it and it sounded like the bubble of no one else drving the truck burst!

Last edited by a moderator:

NJN

The Young One
I have a physics lab to write up. Its on Hooke's law (Spring constant). I'ed much rather take my rubber band gun and demonstrate elasticity of rubber bands.

Now lets all take a moment to thank the US Postal Service for delivering mail and ammunition (rubber bands) in any conditions.

And now for a moment of ADD sponsor... HOLY CRAP ITS SNOWING.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Well, finished my first clinical last night. Saw my first DOA, and had a pt w pulmonary edema. Best part? I turned into a patient at the very end of the shift! Yay for allergic reactions. Not the way I wanted it to turn out.

-Kat

Sieldan

Forum Crew Member
Im sitting here on the couch with a 9 month old kitty curled up against one hip, and a 15year old fat cat curled up against the other. Thinking I should be getting all the paperwork together for the club meeting tonight. Guess the VP should be somewhat prepared. :p

Sieldan

Forum Crew Member
Just saw a really funny commercial on TV. A EMS unit rolls up on a multi-vehicle pileup. Crew jumps out of the rig, grabs their gear and heads over to the wrecks. As they're standing there getting their gloves on (kinda late for that isnt it? Shouldn't they already have them on?), the third guy stands up straighter, goes glassy eyed, and fall flat on his back. bwaaaaahahahah!

NJN

The Young One
Just saw a really funny commercial on TV. A EMS unit rolls up on a multi-vehicle pileup. Crew jumps out of the rig, grabs their gear and heads over to the wrecks. As they're standing there getting their gloves on (kinda late for that isnt it? Shouldn't they already have them on?), the third guy stands up straighter, goes glassy eyed, and fall flat on his back. bwaaaaahahahah!

Yeah, i saw that too. Monster.com

I almost fell out of my chair laughing.