the 100% directionless thread

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Got home late to find that the hubby spent the evening looking for the perfect Jeep Wrangler. I think he found it too, all spec'ed out with off roading stuff, and he left open the window that shows we're approved for the loan.

LOL.

What a Father's Day present this is gonna be.

A Heep? Tell him to check out some Toyotas instead lol.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Still sick. Ugh, I hate being stuck in bed!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Looks like I have an interview tomorrow at Starbucks. Maybe I can actually do Expo, pay for classes, and take the Tactical EMS course in September...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Flying to the East Coast today for my Practicals, Oral Boards and Physical...

Hopefully I'll be flying back to Washington with an offer letter in my pocket.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Part time. I still work my singular 36/week at Cross, but extra money would be nice.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Argh interview moved to Friday when I get off shift. Manager is gonna be out sick tomorrow. They wanted to try for Thursday... But that's in the middle of my 36

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Looks like I have an interview tomorrow at Starbucks. Maybe I can actually do Expo, pay for classes, and take the Tactical EMS course in September...

Sweet that's not a bad gig. I actually spoke to a couple of baristas here in Houston who said that the fact that they were EMT's clinched the job for them so make sure and play that up in the interview.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
The pay is almost what I'm making as an EMT-I, so that will help me out a lot... although my heart might just explode from massive doses of caffeine. Since I'll be going in uniform for my interview (already have permission since it's neither of our fault that the original interview was cancelled) I don't think I need to play up the EMT part :p

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Free drinks while you're on the clock my friend.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Most of the Starbucks around here give you a employee discount if you're in 911 uniform when you come in :)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
The ones here do for the most part too. As do our smaller local chain shops (Satellite Coffee and Flying Star Cafes) and other small coffee shops.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The pay is almost what I'm making as an EMT-I, so that will help me out a lot... although my heart might just explode from massive doses of caffeine. Since I'll be going in uniform for my interview (already have permission since it's neither of our fault that the original interview was cancelled) I don't think I need to play up the EMT part :p

I can save your life and make you a coffee of your choice at the same time? :p

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Most of the Starbucks around here give you a employee discount if you're in 911 uniform when you come in :)

Some (very few) of the big chain stores give us discounts. But pretty much all of the little mom and pop stores, restaurants, etc will do no charge.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I'm afraid being around coffee all day might ruin it for me. The same way bakers begin to detest the smell or sight of baked goods.

I love coffee. It would be tragic.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Why do the ice cream van drivers look so creepy? Or is it only in my area?