FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant
You're going split it with me right?
I could use 4.5k.....

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You're going split it with me right?
I could use 4.5k.....

MAybe... but in all the time I've posted in this thread I believe this is the first triple zero post I've taken :p

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
9k? Did you become a drug dealer over the weekend?
Heh that might make things a little easier right now :p I could use that much cash

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant
That is why he didn't want to leave! Just got his business up and running! :p
Yeah....I was supposed to be his supplier...that little fink got Rob to do it instead cause Rob has better drugs....

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yeah....I was supposed to be his supplier...that little fink got Rob to do it instead cause Rob has better drugs....

Hey, EMT-I vs RN... yea, I know who's got the best stuff :)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Dude! Its only 0100 in Dallas....the night is still young....no need to sleep. :p

Heh, it's only 0100 here in BFE, but I am just heading to sleep. But then agian I'm on duty and I do like getting paid to sleep sometimes :p

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Heh, it's only 0100 here in BFE, but I am just heading to sleep. But then agian I'm on duty and I do like getting paid to sleep sometimes :p

You will have to tell me all about your epiphany you had this weekend on facebook tomorrow. I always enjoy hearing about things going well for friends.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
You will be an awesome RRT! I considered RRT before nursing school, I had an obsession with ventilators and blood gases. You will do great, my friend.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. When I was doing CCT I found the part I enjoyed the most was ventilatory management (not just PPV, overall respiratory status), and it's been the thing I miss the most. Throw in a son with asthma, and my path has been kinda clear for a while. What's taken me longer than I would like is to get up the courage to completely change directions for a while.

Thanks for the get well soon wishes guys. The exact cause of the C/p was not determined, but believed to be stress-related (watched helplessly as a friend burned to death in her car a few years back, anniversary of the event was recently, plus received some devastating news the night of the event that I wont get into). Doc told me to take it easy for a few days until I get in to see the Cardiologist. I am assuming there is a holter monitor in my future.

All in all, I think I will be okay.

Glad to see your ok. Stress sneaks up on you without even realizing it. A week or so off has alway done me wonders and left me with new perspective when it's time to get back to work. Exercise is another one that helps me out (although I'm being a gigantic hypocrite here as I haven't worked out consistently in a year).

So how long will it take you to hack the holter monitor so it displays your rhythm on an iPad?

Last edited by a moderator:

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
So how long will it take you to hack the holter monitor so it displays your rhythm on an iPad?

I figure with the iOS 4.3 jailbreak coming next week, and the fact that it usually takes about 4 days to code a proper bluetooth stack in Obective C, about a week and a half. I also intend to hook that bad boy up to guitar hero and win me some points... You know, Sinus-Tach my way to success.

Tommerag

What day is it?
Let me know when I can be a groupie for medicRob and the Swinging V-Tachs

JPINFV

Gadfly
Let me know when I can be a groupie for medicRob and the Swinging V-Tachs

An EMS version of Amateur Transplants?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuZl9tRqjoQ&feature=related[/youtube]

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
An EMS version of Amateur Transplants?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuZl9tRqjoQ&feature=related[/youtube]

I was thinking something more closely related to The Baseballs

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM2177pHMT0[/YOUTUBE]

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Holding down the menu button on the EVO makes live chat functional. My cell signal out in the boonies, not so good for live chat. And soon home after house hunting in the Twin Cities.

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
Why you should text and drive at the same time

image004.jpg

image002.jpg

image001.jpg

image003.jpg

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT, is all I am going to say. Do not ask me if he made it or was even hunt I have not clue. This was sent to me in a e-mail today.

PS
I did not post this in "Did That Just Happen?" because I don't know if it happened or not. Thought I should pass it along

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
WOW, that is one of the coolest things I've ever seen!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
you mean "why you shouldn't text and drive" right? lol